Does anyone else have a shoulder injury?

Options
My MRI results are:

1. Mild rotator cuff tendinopathy without evidence of a discrete tear.
2. Mild moderate hypertrophic AC joint arthropathy. The AC joint is mildly inflamed.
3. Minimal glenohumeral osteoarthritis.
4. Mild lateral arch stenosis secondary to a downsloping acromion.

I do not have health insurance to pay for the Dr. apmt, nor surgery. I owe $931 for the MRI, after I make payments for 3 months. They will send me the paperwork to get this bill lowered. Sure glad a MFP member :flowerforyou: told me & I had to ask for it...:happy:
My friend told me my tendon is stretched. She said I need to exercise it. I tried moving it around...OMGosh, it is so painful afterwards & then I don't have any interest in exercising it again...:noway:

Also I have an old injury; torn muscles & nerve damage. I have had several falls & each time the knot on the side of my arm got larger. I am pretty limited to what I can do with it! I have lots of tight muscles in my shoulder, neck & shoulder blade. I also have torn muscle over my heart.

Replies

• YoungerNextYear59937
    Options
    Believe it or not, lifting weights helped mine. It strengthened all the muscles to help protect it. Massage and a chiropractor helped also.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan9.htm

There are some great videos on youtube as well, but I guess I didn't bookmark them back when I was frying to figure out how to rehab mine.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Just got done having Surgery on my right shoulder. It was called a slap procedure.( Superior Labrum Anterior Posterior ) also they shaved the clavicle to regrow my AC joint. While recovering from Surgery I overdid my left shoulder that was compinsating for not being able to use the right. My Physical Therapist told me to use the same exercise I was doing on my right to strenghten my lecft. It has really helped. google recovery exercises for shoulder surgery and see what you can find. good luck.
  • abuttermore7
    Options
    Hello my name is Alika.

I am a college athlete and I have had two shoulder surgeries and I'm only 19. The first one was last November. I had a Labrum tear in my shoulder. Got it fixed and went to therapy for 4 months. Over the summer my shoulder pain started coming back. I tried to ignore it and then once it started getting worse i tried going back to therapy. After about a month my trainer sent me back to my Orthopedic doctor to find out that I had Osteolysis distal clavicle, Arthritis, tendenosis, and Shoulder Impingment. I tried a cortozone shot, but it didnt end up working. I had a clavicle resection done in August. My first 6 weeks of therapy i was only aloud to do motion exercises to fix my impingment. I recently got released to do strength therapy. I hope it goes well for me.

With small tears you can do therapy to try and fix them. It might heal on its own. therapy does wonders. as for the AC inflammation, a cortozone shot should take most of it out, if thats not an option for you then there are prescriptions that your doctor can give you for inflammation that will take most of it away also. try to limit your mobility in your shoulder and not lift heavy object above your head. Icing at the end of the day helps too. If you ever have a day off switching between heat and ice for 20 min each, about 5 times, feels really good. let me know if you have any questions, feel free to ask. i hope i helped some:)

As for working out with those injuries, you can ride a stationary bike. sprint workouts on a stationary bike is A REALLY good workout. abs, body squats, lunges, and plyometric workouts.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou: for your advice & support. I realize that some movement gives the shoulder blood to heal. I do not lift over my head. Once I drink coffee & take my pain pill then I feel like doing something. I just raked, I can sweep & then it will be sore afterwards.

I will check out the video on YouTube for some type of exercises that are simple that I can start with. To build my shoulder up gradually. I want to try to do p.t. at home to strengthen it. I have heard that one needs to try to regain some strength prior to any surgery.

I feel like I am being a big baby about this! I think I felt the same way when my knees needed surgery...:sad: ("I want my Mommy!")