80 days and 14lbs lost.......

Options
My homepage tells me I have logged in for 80 days now. 80 days is just over 2 and a half months. That felt quite good until I looked at my weight loss badge which said 14lbs lost. Only 14lbs in 10/11 weeks? Does that seem low to everyone else? Average?

I'm in no hurry to lose my weight, I've carried it around for years, taking a year or more to lose it wont do me any harm at all and I'm very happy with how I look now compared to when I started this, so this is not a post about me being neggy, just got me thinking....

It made me wonder how much others have lost in a couple of months............??

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What are your goal settings? If you're at a 500 calorie deficit you're doing well. If you're at a 1000 you're a little short (not that it matters much). If you start very heavy it's easy to lose 2lbs a week but as you get closer you can only do .5-1lb a week. Personally I've lost about 38lbs in 90 days (just got the counter myself) but I started at about 100lbs overweight.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i have lost 27 lbs since april
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    That average is just about perfect. Nice and consistent loss!

You are doing great!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    thats what ?? almost 1 1/2 lbs a week..sounds good to me..if it makes you feel any better it has taken me 6 months to lose 20 lbs ;) good luck, and congrats so far
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What are your goal settings? If you're at a 500 calorie deficit you're doing well. If you're at a 1000 you're a little short (not that it matters much). If you start very heavy it's easy to lose 2lbs a week but as you get closer you can only do .5-1lb a week. Personally I've lost about 38lbs in 90 days (just got the counter myself) but I started at about 100lbs overweight.

Holy moly, 28 lbs in 3 months, that's good going!! You must be feeling really good! That's what I used to lose when I went on a diet, but this time.......it's taking it's time!! But like I said I'm not going to be impatient.

I have my goals set to 2lbs loss a week but lost nothing for several weeks when I was eating back my exercise calories so that put me behind a bit......and makes me reluctant to fall into that trend again. If I'm losing 1-2lbs a week I'm happy with that.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thats great, they say the slower it somes off the longer it stays off so these things shouldn't be rushed.

I have lost 26lbs in 50 days, but I have a secret trick up my sleeve unfortunately - I've recently started some new medication called topiramate which has weight loss as a side effect, but still, I've made a massive life change and changed my diet and been working out ike crazy, I think I've just had a helping hand since it's made me a bit picky about eating sweet food and I don't frink fizzy drinks anymore.

But you should be really pleased with the rate things are happening for you, it'll be more sustainable in the long run, congrats :drinker:
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thats great, they say the slower it somes off the longer it stays off so these things shouldn't be rushed.

I have lost 26lbs in 50 days, but I have a secret trick up my sleeve unfortunately - I've recently started some new medication called topiramate which has weight loss as a side effect, but still, I've made a massive life change and changed my diet and been working out ike crazy, I think I've just had a helping hand since it's made me a bit picky about eating sweet food and I don't frink fizzy drinks anymore.

But you should be really pleased with the rate things are happening for you, it'll be more sustainable in the long run, congrats :drinker:

Cat, you're doing so well, another 4lbs this week! Funny, I was going to ask you this morning what your secret is. But you've been working out a lot too, so don't let the medication take all the glory! :happy:

I'm not unhappy with my weighloss, just curious to see what others are doing. I have a goal of next Christmas to get into size 10 jeans.....this weekend I managed to squeeze my butt into a size 16 so it doesn't seem a million miles away, especially as a year and a half ago I was 22 in a lot of clothes :embarassed:
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Cat, you're doing so well, another 4lbs this week! Funny, I was going to ask you this morning what your secret is. But you've been working out a lot too, so don't let the medication take all the glory! :happy:

I'm not unhappy with my weighloss, just curious to see what others are doing. I have a goal of next Christmas to get into size 10 jeans.....this weekend I managed to squeeze my butt into a size 16 so it doesn't seem a million miles away, especially as a year and a half ago I was 22 in a lot of clothes :embarassed:

I must admit, I have to keep reminding myself that I put in alot of hard work too when I think about it, but if I'm honest the tablets did give me the shove I needed to start losing weight. When I found out which tablets they were giving me (I already knew about the possible effects of topiramate) I thought I'd make the most of the side effects and it's paid off, but it's not going to last forever. The other side effects I had with them are wearing off now, so this probably will too.

You've come a long way!! From a size 22 to a size 16 is impressive! It's really good that you set realistic goals too, like next Christmas, rather than this Christmas, I bet loads of people set their goals too close and end up disappointed, you'll get there no problem. :happy: