Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First 5k and first weight goal! pics

Its the morning after my first 5k and, let me say, I feel pretty good! I was expecting to be soo sore. Newp, not bad. My muscles are tense and my shins are a little tender, but I have felt much worse after a training day in the past than I do right now. Its that good sore, you know, the kind that makes you want to work harder?

The 5k went well. I have been training now for 8 weeks on the c25k. I know my first 5k was a bit soon on the training scale, but that's ok. I paced myself and walked a few steps at the first and second mile like I planned, even though I felt like I could have pushed through. I didn't want to injure myself and make this a bad experience/ I finished strong and hard; the tears rolling down my face as I walked off the nausea and winded feeling proved how proud I was of myself. Yep, I did it and I DIDN'T DIE!

My friends took pics and I think its the first time I can see the difference. By default, My FH (future husband) has also been losing weight. Training with me when he can fit it in his work schedule and eating the lower cal, healthier fare I have been cooking. So these before and after pics are of him too! I am super proud of his progress and so happy to have someone in my life who motivates me with every look and comment. I raise a glass to my FH!

So, stats:
Me: 36:41, 134th over all (250+), 5th in my age group (Women 30-34)
FH: 28:16, 60th overall. 3rd in his age group (Men 30-34)
Fantastic Weather, clear, 67degrees at the beach!

Before pic, April 2011 on a cruise:
9653437_5367.jpg

During pic, 10/16/11 First 5k:
9653437_9564.jpg

My children came out to cheer us on and afterwards we treated ourselves to a big bucket of Oysters at the NC Oyster Festival.

All in all what a fantastic day...

OH, and I forgot to mention...Hit my first mini goal of 165!! Hell yeah, I got this :drinker:

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
    WOW!!! Look at your arms! You look so different! Now I wished I took full body before pictures. I hate to be in pictures, so I am usually behind the camera. :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Excellent progress, well done, what a difference.
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Wow josaleigh, what a great achievement!!! I remember feeling so fab after my 5K too so well done! You look amazing on your new picture and it really shows that you have lost loads. You arms are really defined which running does to you. You are looking FAB, well done to you both :-)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    ***BE CAREFUL***

Consider this your fair warning ... 5K's can lead to 10K's which lead to half marathons and then, well, you get the picture ... they can lead to full marathons. And, before you know it you have an addiction problem.

Congrats!

One day your kids will be joining you. My son will contest that the only way he gets a travel vacation with me is to pony up to the start line at some half marathon. He mumbles, but I know he enjoys the time we spend together. We laugh together on the way home. Such special times!!
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 195 Member
    Love your quote in your signature and congratulations!
  • Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate the support!
    ***BE CAREFUL***

Consider this your fair warning ... 5K's can lead to 10K's which lead to half marathons and then, well, you get the picture ... they can lead to full marathons. And, before you know it you have an addiction problem.

Congrats!

One day your kids will be joining you. My son will contest that the only way he gets a travel vacation with me is to pony up to the start line at some half marathon. He mumbles, but I know he enjoys the time we spend together. We laugh together on the way home. Such special times!!

Oh yeah, I have totally caught the bug...we are already looking for our next race!!~

:love: Jo
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    You look great (and FH does too!)...and congrats! I'm running my first 5k in 2 weeks!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,578 Member
    Congrats on doing this together!
  • Congrats! You looks and feel great! I ran my first 5k after completing the Couch 2 5k, and was so excited, so I know how you feel! Great job and keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!