Nintendo Wii Sports - does it count?

Options
Hi everyone.

I have recently bought a Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports. I also today got my Polar F11 HRM.

I was excited to try it and since today is not a gym day, I turned on the Wii and played the boxing game, with my HRM.

After an hour I had burned 350 calories and I stopped at 1hr 46 mins when my HRM said I have burned 502 calories.

I am pretty exhausted now, after all I was jumping about and boxing the air :smile:

So what do you think? Should I put the 502 calories that I burned today into my exercise diary for today or not?

Please let me know what you all think.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I have recently bought a Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports. I also today got my Polar F11 HRM.

I was excited to try it and since today is not a gym day, I turned on the Wii and played the boxing game, with my HRM.

After an hour I had burned 350 calories and I stopped at 1hr 46 mins when my HRM said I have burned 502 calories.

I am pretty exhausted now, after all I was jumping about and boxing the air :smile:

So what do you think? Should I put the 502 calories that I burned today into my exercise diary for today or not?

• megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Of course it counts! I tried out my new HRM today for a couple minutes with the Wii Fit Hula Hooping...28 calories in 5 minutes...so if I make a half our work out of it I'll burn a good amount of calories!!
  • OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Hi There!

I think every little bit helps! My brother got a Wii and I tried the boxing game... It's tough and a great work out! I really think it counts and you should totally put it on here!!!
  • jnachazel1
    jnachazel1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Good for you! good idea wearing your monitor, I should try that when playing the Wii. Keep it up!!
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Of course it counts! I tried out my new HRM today for a couple minutes with the Wii Fit Hula Hooping...28 calories in 5 minutes...so if I make a half our work out of it I'll burn a good amount of calories!!

Hi megbar,

I got my HRM today too. Which one did you get? I got the Polar F11. I love it!!! unfortunately the Wii Fit is out of stock at the moment here in the UK. But as soon as the retailers get more stock I am getting the Fit too! Hula sounds like fun!
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar F6. So far so good! Wii Fit also has boxing on it, as well as stepping, and jogging in place. You should definitely get it when it's available! Good luck!
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Hi There!

I think every little bit helps! My brother got a Wii and I tried the boxing game... It's tough and a great work out! I really think it counts and you should totally put it on here!!!

Hi Dammit,

Its definitely tough the boxing. Its addictive too. I only wanted to try like 200 calories, thought at 300, now i definitely dont do more than another 50 and I ended up doing 502 cals in total! I put it in the exercise diary, wooohoo!!! I can do this on every day I dont go to the gym! Now I cant wait to see what i burn in the gym!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Absolutely! Good for you! good idea wearing your monitor, I should try that when playing the Wii. Keep it up!!

Hi jnachazel,

Thanks, I put it in the diary. This is really great :bigsmile: love the Wii and I already love my HRM! we´ll worth the money I think. :smile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Is the F11 hard to use-mine's on the way.
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    I got the Polar F6. So far so good! Wii Fit also has boxing on it, as well as stepping, and jogging in place. You should definitely get it when it's available! Good luck!

Definitely, Megan.

I really hope they get it back in stock soon. We wanted to buy the whole package last weekend, wii sports, wii fit, games evrything. but they didnt have the fit and the balance board :angry:

Cant wait to get it! Apparently the skiing is great fun too :happy:
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Good for you! Is the F11 hard to use-mine's on the way.

Hi hotmomov4,

The manual for it is pretty good and i set it up within minutes. It is also very easy to understand.
    I really like it :smile: I hope you will like yours too"!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    a must get is the "my fitness coach" for the wii. i used it this morning and burned over 500 in 45 mins. read up on it on amazon. great reviews......
    have fun......
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    a must get is the "my fitness coach" for the wii. i used it this morning and burned over 500 in 45 mins. read up on it on amazon. great reviews......
    have fun......

Thanks chipper!

sounds brilliant I will definitely look into it! :happy: