Starting over

Options
First day taking control of my eating habits. However with caloric intake goal of only 1200, I'm hungry. Thank god I hv earned extra calories through my elliptical workout this morning!! But still hungry!!

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    If you really find 1200 calories to be not enough try changing your weekly goal to 1.5lbs per week of 1lb per week. You won't lose weight as quickly, but you'll be less tempted to give up. Better slower success than no success right?
  • penmatt
    Options
    Good luck! I have 1200 calories as my set intake as well. I was hungry at Day 1 and 2, but it seems that my body adjusted and I am not often hungry any more - just WANT to eat but don't feel like I NEED to. :)
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Nicely done! I always found I was sooo hungry after working out - water and a low calorie snack with carbs and protein always helped me. I like trail mix. Good luck to you!
  • CrystalNeumann
    Options
    Way to go Julie!!!! 100 pounds lost! quite an inspiration!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Think balance! Always try to have some protein with your carbs, and make sure your carbs are complex, rather than simple sugars. Sugars hit your blood like a freight-train, and cause an insulin-spike, which burns the sugar and leaves you starving.

Have an egg and whole grain toast instead of cereal. Have some peanut butter with that apple for snack. A handful of almonds instead of a cookie.

As you work to stay in your guidelines, you will discover foods that fit into your plan AND keep you satisfied. ( I LOVE great northern beans with lean ham, or a hu-yoooooge antipasta salad with grilled chicken, turkey pepperoni, romaine lettuce, roasted peppers/onions/mushrooms, black olives, a touch of mozzarella, and roasted red pepper vinaigrette...NOM!)

Don't forget to drink water, as thirst is often mistaken for hunger. And you will have to listen closely to your body to understand whether you are wanting food from hunger or habit (I still struggle with this!)

The hardest part was choosing to make a change. You've jumped that hurdle! Congrats, and welcome to MFP!
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Way to go Julie!!!! 100 pounds lost! quite an inspiration!
  • southpacific
    Options
    My first day as well .. we can gripe together..
    I also joined curves today..
    Good Luck to you