Losing Motivation :(

Options
Help... I am starting to lose motivation big time. I started out strong getting through the 30 day shred missing only 2 days due to a kidney infection but went 2 days longer in order to make those up, and eating really well. Then I moved on to Insanity and kicked butt with that getting into great shape. I missed about 4 days total out of the 2 months but also made those up, my diet started to slip during this time though. Unfortunately I felt that since I was working out so hard I could afford to eat a little more junk food,

After Insanity I decided to give myself a month before starting another intense program. During this time I did a lot of running and rotated between the different 30 day shred levels, 6 week 6 pack and yoga. Currently I am doing P90X and really enjoy it however, I am having the hardest time getting myself to do it EVERY day! I completed the 1st month a week late and am 4 days behind already on the second month.

How do you guys stay motivated and commit to this being a lifestyle change rather than just a means to an end? I have gained about 3lbs since completing Insanity and still have about 16lbs to go before hitting my true goal of 130lbs.

Please help! Thanks friends :)

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Fitting into all of my favorite clothes again is all the motivation I need. :)

I also remind myself that last fall is when I started to slip bigtime and pack on the weight (it's all of the trips out of town this time of year for my work schedule that make it tough).
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just keep logging. You'll get back into it. It happens to everyone.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing good, and you're beating yourself up over a few days of wanting your body to rest... take it from me, who just got back on program after 60 day intermittent break (1 day a week good)... KEEP GOING!! Waay better than knowing where your fitness level WAS before you have to build back up to it!!
  • tisaria
    tisaria Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree- keep logging! Do you have any pictures or clothes from your goal weight from years past? I have a pair of pants I want to fit into hanging on the back of my door-- I see them every morning and they help me want to stay on track! I try em on every once in a while and they are slowly beginning to fit!

Also, perhaps the "extreme fitness program" is somewhat daunting to think about? You might want to switch a day or 2 out and do some lower impact activities like walking a dog or walking with your beau. They don't hurt so much or require the insane energy and won't make you as ravenous/apt to binge. I end up logging about 100 miles a month or so, as I walk to work and walk on my lunch breaks. If you have a job that allows it, try taking a walk at lunch! It's a great way to clear your head from the work day and also burn a few calories. I use Noom for my android smartphone and it's super wonderful for tracking workouts. I believe there are also several similar workout tracking options in the app store if you have an iphone.

Do you have a Planet Fitness nearby? It's ony $10 a month for a membership and they offer free personal training classes to teach you how to use the equipment. I love that place like nobody's business!!

Don't get discouraged!! You're making a lifestyle change and it takes time to get used to. You can do it!
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone at some point!

The best advice I can give you is to KEEP LOGGING IN!!!

If you keep coming here, you won't give up, and you'll eventually get back on track!