Beachbody's Turbo Jam!!!!

Options
Just started Beachbody's Turbo Jam today. I am wondering what I should be logging this under?? When I did 30ds, I logged under "circuit training". But, I noticed "kickboxing (including Turbo Jam).....since the workout I am currently doing has no kickboxing, should I use this or continue logging under "circuit training"?? Has anyone done any of the Turbo Jam dvd's & if so did you get good results?? Thanks!!:wink:

Replies

• minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would consider turbo jam kick boxing.

A bodybugg would really help you calculate the exact amount of calories you are burning.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would advice to buy a heart rate monitor. Even if you buy a cheap one as long as it can show your average heart rate while you are exercising and then you can log that here http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm to see how many calories you burned. Or go with 6 Calories a minute if you weigh near 150 lbs.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Which turbo jam are you doing? I have the first set she came out with. I log it in as "turbo jam/kickboxing" I don't wear a heart monitor so I don't know if MFP is accurate on it, but I don't eat all the calories back and I decrease the time due to the cool down and warm up. If the dvd is 45 minutes I usually log in 25 or so.
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    I'm not sure how to log it..but I have the Turbo Jam 20 Minutes Express and I enjoy the workout the music is fun.. I'm going to start it today and stay consistent with it 6 days a week along with Power 90. I think it's a great workout routine. I'm hoping to get results!

Good Luck
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to log it..but I have the Turbo Jam 20 Minutes Express and I enjoy the workout the music is fun.. I'm going to start it today and stay consistent with it 6 days a week along with Power 90. I think it's a great workout routine. I'm hoping to get results!

Good Luck

You are pretty much guaranted to get results with Turbo jam & power 90 great choices & great determination. 10 minute trainer is one of my favorite workouts. It kicks but in just 10 minutes a day, sometimes I get in 2 workouts one in the morning & one at night, i figure I can do anything for 10 minutes,lol. Keep that in mind when you are ready to up it a little.
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    I made it through the 20 minutes express Turbo Jam workout. Charlene really gets you moving and burning those calories in a short 20 minutes...It was over before I knew it but I did feel the cardiovascular worktout.

Day 1 down

:smile:
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam and have been incorporating it into my workouts for months. Have you tried the 20 minute Ab Jam? It is one of my favorite Ab workouts ever! Chalene is really motivating! I also log the workout under the Kickboxing option. I feel that it is probably calculated a little high but I am also staying under calories. I am not a good determiner on progress because I have not been using this program long enough to log any results yet. Hopefully on my weigh in this week! Anyway...I am ready to move on to Turbo Fire...that is on my Christmas wish list! =)
    Keep up the good work! It is an awesome workout and has positive results for so many people!
    "The small steps you take today that make all the difference in your tomorrow! Don't get discouraged, STAY THE COURSE!" ~Chalene Johnson
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Day 2 complete!

I did Turbo Sculpt and 20 minutes express along with Zumba Abs...What a great work out!

Charlene strength training is the best...I really feel my legs start to shake and burn..and the shoulders...get really fatigued...let's me know that I'm working that muscle well...

Tonight is cardio day...20 minutes express plus Zumba's 50 minute Cardio Party...
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam and have been incorporating it into my workouts for months. Have you tried the 20 minute Ab Jam? It is one of my favorite Ab workouts ever! Chalene is really motivating! I also log the workout under the Kickboxing option. I feel that it is probably calculated a little high but I am also staying under calories. I am not a good determiner on progress because I have not been using this program long enough to log any results yet. Hopefully on my weigh in this week! Anyway...I am ready to move on to Turbo Fire...that is on my Christmas wish list! =)
    Keep up the good work! It is an awesome workout and has positive results for so many people!
    "The small steps you take today that make all the difference in your tomorrow! Don't get discouraged, STAY THE COURSE!" ~Chalene Johnson

I've not tried the Ab Jam. I only have the 20 minute express workout by Charlene...I've been thinking of purchasing the Turbo Fire...because her workouts are so much fun!! The music is great and because of the energy & music it't over before I even realize it...The workout is intense though..but fun!
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Day 3 done... :bigsmile:

Cardio day went way better than the first day Monday! 20 minute Turbo express and 50 minute Zumba Cardio Party.... I tell you both these combined is giving me a great workout...I feel Great!

Tonight is Turbo Sculpt 40 minutes and 20 minutes express along with Zumba Abs...What a great work out! Charlene's strength training is the best...I have pain in almost every muscle of my body...oh my goodness..what a work out I've been getting...
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Impressive.You motivate me to do my Beachbody Insanity today but I don't think I will get back home early enough to do it.But tomorrow for sure I will do it.
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Impressive.You motivate me to do my Beachbody Insanity today but I don't think I will get back home early enough to do it.But tomorrow for sure I will do it.

Thank you...Working to stay motivated and focused on improving me...

I'm not bold enough to purchase Insanity.. Shaun T is INSANE...for real...lol That's a very vigorous workout.. Wishing you all the best.