Hi - My name is Amber and I am here to...

Options
Hey Everyone,

I haven't had a chance to write one of these yet, and I just wanted to introduce myself, I started this site about 5 days ago I believe. My doctor told me I should try this site out, and so far I am loving it! I even downloaded an app on my phone to update this as soon as I am about to eat something, or already ate. It seems like it would be perfect to remind me how many I have left.

My name is Amber, I was going to do this by size, but realistically i need to lose 85 lbs. I am deaf, I love to be active, meet new people. I am hoping to meet some new people, and grow a strong bonds of friendship/support groups.

I am doing this alone - and this place feels like it would be a perfect place to be able to find someone and walk around the park with and keep each other company, or even go out and grab a bite to eat and compare which food would be best to eat. Better yet, perhaps a game night and have sugar free/fat free snacks.

When the weather gets better, I hope to start riding a bike soon, I just got my bike back after years of not having it, and I plan to ride about 5 to 10 miles a day once i get into shape. perhaps on the weekend i would :-)

I want to be more active, and much more healthier!

Have a great week! :-)

Amber

Replies

• Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's great to see you here Amber!

Having goals and achieving them will feel wonderful. Just stick with it and if you need advice, please let me know!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Amber. I'm glad you're finding the site useful. I think it rocks! And yes, you should be able to find lots of great support here.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    this place is great and if you have your mind and heart set youwill succeed. Feel free to add me as a motivator buddy :)
    Kimmy
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amber, I love this site, you can friend me.

My name is Sally
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have to loose 89lbs (possibly more) feel free to add me as a friends on here for help and support :) this site is really helpful and there's lot's of friendly people willing to give help and advice, good luck on your journey
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Amber! If you're looking for a friend, feel free to add me! :)