Crystal Light with caffeine

Options
So, once in awhile I need some caffeine just to get me through the day. I have quit drinking pop because I can't stand diet pop and I can't afford the calories/sugar in regular pop. I found Crystal Light packets with some caffeine in them, which seems to give me the boost I need with only adding a minimal amount of calories to my intake.

From what I have been told, caffeine can actually dehydrate you. So, since Crystal Light is mixed with water, can I technically count that water intake or do I need to drink above and beyond that?

Replies

• SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If its got caffeine I wouldn't count it as a full glass of water.
    I mean Coffee is "Mixed" with water, and we don't count that as a glass of water!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    The caffeine is so minute I wouldn't even worry about it.... read the link in my signature.
    There is so much debate on this... I count everything as fluid and almost never drink plain water and I haven't croaked yet.

Edit - actually this link is better:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661
  • fuelling03
    Options
    I am not sure how it would count, but you look great!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The caffeine is so minute I wouldn't even worry about it.... read the link in my signature.
    There is so much debate on this... I count everything as fluid and almost never drink plain water and I haven't croaked yet.
    ^^^ She speaks wisdom. Absolutely count it. If it helps you get your hydration where it should be, more power to ya.
  • lgubbels
    lgubbels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how it would count, but you look great!

Thanks! :)
  • lgubbels
    lgubbels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ^^^ She speaks wisdom. Absolutely count it. If it helps you get your hydration where it should be, more power to ya.

yes, you are correct, the caffeine content in this drink mix isn't even half of what a cup of coffee is. I don't usually have a problem with my water intake, anyway, and I usually don't count all my fluids, i.e. if I drink a glass or milk or juice. I'll put it in there. Thanks both of you!
  • janet5432
    janet5432 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Although the crystal light I use has 80 mg of caffine for the whole packet so that is more I believe then Mt. Dew. I am addicted to crystal light but if I give it up then I risk drinking pop again (that is never a good thing).