Couch to 5K GRADUATE!

Options
2»

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'll be doing W6D1 next, but decided to sign up for my very first 5K anyway - Oct. 29th.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Woohooooooo congrats!!!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    awesome!! tomorrow i will do w8d3. i want to do it now but my 4 y/o wont let me..tomorrow while hes in preschool i can knock it out then the rest of this week i will do week 9
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Notible insight for those at the beginning....I promised myself that if I stuck to it and completed it...THEN and only then would I splurge and get fitted for proper fitting running shoes. Well, for myself I wanted to be sure I stuck with it before I spent the dough.

Lesson learned! I entered and completed a crazy Hybrid Adventure games about week 7 of my training and realized that I should have proper fitting running shoes BEFORE I graduated! So if you are like me, maybe look at getting new shoes either at the start or by week four, it will make a good difference in helping you complete the program without injuries!

Best of luck to all you just starting out...you can make it through....just lace up and DO it! ;0)
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! MFP has turned so many of us into runners :-) Agree with earlier poster, be warned - highly addictive activity, to say the least!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Notible insight for those at the beginning....I promised myself that if I stuck to it and completed it...THEN and only then would I splurge and get fitted for proper fitting running shoes. Well, for myself I wanted to be sure I stuck with it before I spent the dough.

Lesson learned! I entered and completed a crazy Hybrid Adventure games about week 7 of my training and realized that I should have proper fitting running shoes BEFORE I graduated! So if you are like me, maybe look at getting new shoes either at the start or by week four, it will make a good difference in helping you complete the program without injuries!

Best of luck to all you just starting out...you can make it through....just lace up and DO it! ;0)

Don't wait til the end for good running shoes!! joesnewbalanceoutlet.com is a GREAT place to get good running shoes cheap! And if you don't like them return them no questions.
  • jernigan51
    Options
    Great job, I'm in the same boat! Finished my first 5k Oct. 1 after completing C25K, and have already signed up for my next on Nov. 26, hoping to beat my first time as well! Keep up the hard work and congrats!
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    BRAVO and Kiddos to YOU!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • angiecakes82
    angiecakes82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing people talk about this couch to 5k. What is it? How can find the program? Congrats & keep up the great work!!

You can find the program on line. Just google it. It can also be downloaded to your iPod.

I've found it as an iphone app, it costs like 99 cents. I really want to do it, but I have an infant. Gotta save up to get a running stroller!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    week 9d3 done!! woohoo i completed the program!!
  • VeganJP
    VeganJP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!! :bigsmile:

By the way...thank you for posting this. I've never heard of this program before, but just downloaded the plan on-line to help get me started. :happy: