Need to see it in black & white (AND RED) lol

Options
Been yo-yo dieting for a while. Never big on the fad diets, always just calorie intake and exercise but I recently started a shake diet and had about a 15lb weight loss just before my quickie vegas wedding first week of Oct. Let me tell you how much I ENJOYED the food in Vegas....:) (fyi, when not "in check" I will eat what I love until its gone and then since the day is blown I will make sure to buy goodies for the evening to snack -hmmm, could that be my problem?)

I'm back (about 5 lbs heavier) and ready to kick start the regime again but figured I can't do the shake thing forever and will need support no matter how I proceed. Looking forward to tracking & chatting with others who may be in a similar pattern as I am...

I'm also just getting started so I'll take any tips you got!

Replies

• KavemanKarg
    Options
    The first step to any successful diet is to start seeing food as fuel and not a source of pleasure.

I hope you have excellent success with whatever strategy you adopt :)

Welcome to the forums!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Small changes over the long-term
    Don't deprive too much or you'll break.
    You can only start from HERE so where ever you been or however "bad" you were you CAN get back on track

And My personal issue is to recognize trigger foods.
    Some "treats" I can portion control just fine, others... are just a trigger and once I start there's no stopping me until there's none left. Most of the times it's easier to avoid them altogether.

Good Luck... Live a life you love.
  • CondensedKelley
    Options
    Sound advice - thanks!