Thanksgiving!?! What is you plan?

Options

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posters. I am not going to log my meal, but I will be at the gym busting my *kitten* and I will be walking after dinner. I plan on enjoying a little bit of everything and maybe indulging in a few faves. Gotta keep up my strength for Black Friday!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Hmm - never really thought about it at all BUT I do look forward to Black Friday - that'll be the day that tests my limits. Nothing more fun than a crazy day out with the girls!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Stuffing my face, with as much stuffing and pie as my tummy will allow, watching the Packers beat the Lions and enjoying the time I get to spend with my family, that I only see at holidays. I will not give one poopstick about calories or anything else for that day, and likely the whole week. However, it is over a month away so really no point in thinking about it just yet.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I won't log that day. I'll probably eat a little more than usual but it's one day. And I am going to my mother's house so I won't have leftovers to contend with. That's probably the best diet tip I could give for that day - eat elsewhere so it's one meal and you have no pies and stuffing laying around after!
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm going to treat it like any day. I don't deprive myself of anything, everything is eaten in moderation.
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I plan on busting *kitten* at the gym in the morning and then eating anything and everything I want for dinner. :)

Me too! I love Thanksgiving, but since it's on my weigh in day, I am going to weigh in BEFORE I eat all that food though!

Thursdays are my weigh in days also! I am hoping to go for a long run, eat whatever, and then be careful for the rest of the week.

Oh, and I'll weigh myself BEFORE the food starts appearing!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    We're not going home for thanksgiving this year, which means only ONE meal. Which will certainly help. I also plan on watching my portion size, not eating a bunch of appetizers, and only havi one helping of pumpkin pie with NO whip cream (which will be really hard).
  • paravision
    Options
    Cheat day! Then I will burn off the extra calories by running in place in the lines at the black Friday sales at Walmart that night! lol In all seriousness I will substatute ingredients and not make so many sides. Well rounded healthier prepared meal <3
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat . . . it's Thanksgiving and I plan to eat.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm going to gorge myself, then take a 25 mile bike ride the next day if the weather cooperates.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the same thing I did last year: eating exactly what I want to eat for that one meal. I don't know yet what that will entail. It may be some turkey and veggies. And it may be some turkey, some stuffing, some cranberry sauce, some cheesy potatoes, a dinner roll or six, and a huge slice of pumpkin pie for dessert. Just depends on what I feel like having. One meal is not anything to hyperventilate over.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I usually prepare dinner, but this year we will be going to my sister's for dinner. I plan to track my calories and eat the same as I normally would. There are lots of traditional Thanksgiving foods that are healthy and yummy!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Good question!
    Do you plan on dieting this Thanksgiving?
    I don't "diet". I do plan on eating way less than I did last year. Smaller portions, logging everything, etc.
    Do you have some low calorie recipes your making?
    Nope. Normal Thanksgiving stuff! :)
    Do you just plan on using this day as a cheat day?
    Definitely not, but if I want seconds I'll get it. Don't plan on eating much more than my daily caloric intake; no more than 200 over though.

Oh and I plan on eating much more turkey than I normally do, since I want to make sure my protein intake stays high that day.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating something healthy before I go to the "big" meal so that I won't be starving. I plan on taking some dishes that I know are lower in calories so I can eat them without major concern. Then, plan on eating lots of white meat turkey!!!! and other dishes in moderation. I hope to be able to resist the desserts simply because I have been off of all desserts since June and I think I would make myself sick. (I have given in to the ice cream urge but not planning on doing that again.) But, I would rather have "real food" than dessert anyway!!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My plan is to use it as my weekly cheat day and enjoy the h*ll out of it. It's my favorite holiday :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Eat turkey, salad, and maybe some sweet potatoes. And a piece of pie. Honestly I'm not really that into T-day food so it won't be hard for me to remain in control. Seriously, it's way overrated.
  • vglv07
    vglv07 Posts: 8
    Options
    Luckily I am cooking this year so I can control what to make. Portion control will be in full affect.
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My husband and i will run in a "Thanksgiving Turkey 5K" then probably eat what we want. I usually load up on salad & turkey. My uncle is diabetic so my family has figured out ways to make all our fav sweets for him.....they work for me too!!
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just normal eating. It will be eating in moderation. And in case I go a little over, it is okay. It is not an excuse to go over again the qnext day. I can start eating clean the after Thanksgiving.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think MFP needs to add to their database the "typical" Thanksgiving menu and count it as a bazillion calories and we can all choose it to add to our food diary and then get back on track the VERY next day!!!
    That is my plan and I am sticking to it!