Disgusting recipes

Options
What's the most disgusting recipe you have tried? Or the nastiest sounding food combination you have seen out there?
While it's not as disgusting as my brother's Kool-Aid in milk and potato chip-bologna-cheese-ketchup sandwich combinations, I keep seeing recipes and advertisements for spaghetti tacos. :sick: Noodles in a taco shell? For some reason that just makes my skin crawl.

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    for me it wasn't food it was turkey dinner flavored Jones Soda.....................OH GOD nasty
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My daughter had spaghetti tacos at a friend's house not long ago and really wants me to make them. I can't do it though. It sounds horrific! Not to mention unhealthy. Ick.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Ewww! That does sound gross xD You don't mix those two :grumble:

Hmm i honestly think it was the black bean brownies I made. I just couldn't do it xD Beans in my brownies is something i can't handle xD
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    bacon-flavored jelly beans. :sick:

i suppose that's not a recipe-- green bean casserole would be the most disgusting recipe.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I once ate a coastal first nations dish that consisted of herring roe (fish eggs) held together with fish semen, with seaweed in the middle. The eggs popped in your mouth like pop rocks. Nastiest sensation of my life. Didn't have much taste tho.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    Anything with cinnamon in it!
    I went to a Chinese/Japanese restraunt which they added it in EVERYTHING. Even the ice cream :|
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I once ate a coastal first nations dish that consisted of herring roe (fish eggs) held together with fish semen, with seaweed in the middle. The eggs popped in your mouth like pop rocks. Nastiest sensation of my life. Didn't have much taste tho.

DING DING DING!
    You win! LMAO :laugh:
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My husband puts peanut butter on corn on the cob....i will try everything once and i didnt care for it....his whole family does it and now all of my kids do it
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I had never had meatloaf before and was intrigued so I made it for my ex and his kids. They all scarfed it down like it was the greatest thing they had ever eaten. I was sitting there looking at my chunk with two bites taken out just shaking my head going, "people LIKE this?".

It truly is nothing but a loaf of meat.

::hork::
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options

um...eww. LOL. im a little sick just reading this.
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    The "potato chip-bologna-cheese-ketchup sandwich" actually sounds pretty good.

I guess mine would have to be something I made a few years ago when I was first learning to cook. I was trying to make turkey burgers. I ran across some whole, frozen cranberries in the freezer and thought "hey, cranberries and turkey are good at Thanksgiving." So I put the cranberries in the turkey and grilled them. It did not turn out well. The cranberries burned, and burnt cranberries do NOT taste good. Plus, their flavor drastically overpowered the turkey. I should have called them burnt cranberry burgers!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I ate cheese with chocolate chips this weekend.....that's not really a recipe, but it wasn't good either.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of cousins and when we were little, we would visits our grandparents on Sundays. Inevitably, we ended up in our grandparents bedroom playing a game of Spoons. I don't remember how to play...I think it was something like musical chairs, but with spoons instead of chairs. Whoever lost had to eat a spoonful of some nasty concoction. One time, I had to eat horseradish & toothpaste. I can still taste it now. Blech!

To this day, I wonder what our parents thought as we ran in and out of the kitchen, grabbing various things from the fridge.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Another weird combo is peanut butter toast dipped in chicken noodle soup. Don't knock it till you try it. It's sweet & salty & amazing. Oh & growing up every Easter my step dad would take some milk chocolate balls & put them in the bottom of a bowl of tomato soup. Again it's the sweet & salty thing. Sooo good!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My husband puts peanut butter on corn on the cob....i will try everything once and i didnt care for it....his whole family does it and now all of my kids do it

Interesting. Not sure i would try it tho. Maybe my bf would. He loves dipping his PB toast in either Chocolate milk or spaghetti-o's
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Worst ever....Uni (sea urchin) apparently its a big honor to have it cause it's expensive but yuck yuck yuck...the texture was horrible, I love sushi!!!
  • sarahi2009
    Options
    potato chip-bologna-cheese-ketchup sandwich combinations, I keep seeing recipes and advertisements for spaghetti tacos. :sick: Noodles in a taco shell? For some reason that just makes my skin crawl.

I love potato chips in my sandwich....lol...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Anything involving bivalves... nasty little creatures (for eating, that is).
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I was watching the travel channel once and they were at a restaurant in Japan that was all about mayo. They made a mayonnaise MILKSHAKE! I thought I was going to puke and die just watching it. I love mayo and it took me months to eat mayo again.
  • sarahi2009
    Options
    I was watching the travel channel once and they were at a restaurant in Japan that was all about mayo. They made a mayonnaise MILKSHAKE! I thought I was going to puke and die just watching it. I love mayo and it took me months to eat mayo again.

Oh yeah I saw that episode too...sooo gross!!!!