i know i need to

Options
workout but i cant seem to- last year I was working out 6 days a week faithfully and ever since i stopped I have been struggling to get it back on track- I did good back in November but then fell off again- Then just last week I was kicking it into gear I worked out the entire week and then Sunday Monday and Tuesday fell off. Now I know I should be working out but I cant seem to get my *kitten* up to do it. My issue isn't eating its not being active. I wish I had someone to workout with. last week my husband got me motivitated cause he said he would workout with me and that got me right up and I stuck with it for the week now I am back at 1 because im not doing what im supposed to do.

I want a personal trainer/drill sgt to get me motivated I need a good kick in the *kitten*

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    workout but i cant seem to- last year I was working out 6 days a week faithfully and ever since i stopped I have been struggling to get it back on track- I did good back in November but then fell off again- Then just last week I was kicking it into gear I worked out the entire week and then Sunday Monday and Tuesday fell off. Now I know I should be working out but I cant seem to get my *kitten* up to do it. My issue isn't eating its not being active. I wish I had someone to workout with. last week my husband got me motivitated cause he said he would workout with me and that got me right up and I stuck with it for the week now I am back at 1 because im not doing what im supposed to do.

I want a personal trainer/drill sgt to get me motivated I need a good kick in the *kitten*
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What or who was motivating you last year that you worked out 6 days a week? Maybe it is time to go back to that kind of motivation. How about a friend, neighbor, another mom with your same goals? Or join an exercise group. I see your birthday is coming up, keep that in mind. That might be an incentive or push to keep working out now. You could buy an outfit that might be a little tight right now for your birthday and workout to be able to fit into it by March. And of course, here we are to help you out, I know, we are not right there with you but we are in mind and spirit. Keep moving!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    back then I was determined to finally get the weight off- I have lost 30lbs prior to mfp and I plateaued and can't seem to drop 20-25lbs
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance that you're still eating the way you were when you excercised 6 times a week? Theoretically you should be losing weight if you eat at a deficit, even though you're not working out. Now, you won't be all toned and sexy in the same way, but you should still be losing fat. I'd recommend taking another look at how you're eating. Do you measure everything? are you eating high sodium? and you cheating/treating yourself too regularly? Something's gotta give. Weight loss naturally gets slower as we approach our ideal weight (for example I am now in my healthy zone and I lose 1-3 lbs every month, while when I was obese, I lost 6-10lbs every month). Losing those last 20 lbs is going to take a lot of patience. As forr a kick in the bit to excercise, are there any ladies that live nearby that you notice jogging in the mornings? Or other single moms you see out and about with strollers (I know you're not a single mom, but with your guy away so much, that's all I meant.) I'm sure they'd love the company as much as you would and hey, could get a great new friend out of the deal!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I made myself start working out in the morning because I always had excuses during the day. The first few times the alarm went off I wanted to throw it against the wall, but now I'm doing great. I also don't have my rest days on the same day every week. I have no set pattern so my body has to keep guessing.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I made myself start working out in the morning because I always had excuses during the day. The first few times the alarm went off I wanted to throw it against the wall, but now I'm doing great. I also don't have my rest days on the same day every week. I have no set pattern so my body has to keep guessing.

I can't get up on time in the morning to go to work let alone earliar to work out (trust me I have tried) I like working out in the evening it helps me sleep- the problem is doing it
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Is there any chance that you're still eating the way you were when you excercised 6 times a week? Theoretically you should be losing weight if you eat at a deficit, even though you're not working out. Now, you won't be all toned and sexy in the same way, but you should still be losing fat. I'd recommend taking another look at how you're eating. Do you measure everything? are you eating high sodium? and you cheating/treating yourself too regularly? Something's gotta give. Weight loss naturally gets slower as we approach our ideal weight (for example I am now in my healthy zone and I lose 1-3 lbs every month, while when I was obese, I lost 6-10lbs every month). Losing those last 20 lbs is going to take a lot of patience. As forr a kick in the bit to excercise, are there any ladies that live nearby that you notice jogging in the mornings? Or other single moms you see out and about with strollers (I know you're not a single mom, but with your guy away so much, that's all I meant.) I'm sure they'd love the company as much as you would and hey, could get a great new friend out of the deal!

I count every calorie even when its a bad one. No there isn't anyone that i can workout with - No worries on the single mom thing I understand.
    I don't know if my calories are too low or too high- If I start gaining then I know they are too high but as for right now nothing is happening I will keep waiting and keep trying to get the motivation to stick to a workout routine.