I want to cut it off with a blade

Options
I hate this body weight and that looks like the best solution.
I'm about 5'6 and I weigh 146 now. And I know I'm in the proper weight for my age and height but I still want to lose weight.
Obesity is very common in my family and I hate it.
I've been trying to lose weight for months. In this time I've tried everything you can think of.
I finall managed to lose about 2 pounds. I went on a break for about 3 or 4 days, now I'm back at the exact weight I started,
I'm sick of hearing garbage like "its just water" and"you're building muscle" from people pulling things out of their butts.
I have seriously tried everything. I exercised EVERY day, not only that, I have cardio kickboxing twice a week.
My job is also quite active so what is the problem? Is there anyone that has actual answers?
Because I'm about to stop eating altogether.(and please non of that "starvation mode BS.)

Replies

• jessimica_b2
    jessimica_b2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    not just quanitiy, but QUALITY of food is important. I understand the frustrations.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    since you are in the healthy weight range your goal should be to lose no more than 0.5lbs/week. If you goal is set to lose more than that I would suggest changing it ASAP. If you defeicit is too large and you don't have a lot to lose your body will break down muscle to use as fuel, instead of the fat you are trying to lose.

So in summary, set your goal to lose 0.5 lbs/week and eat back all or most of the calories you burn from exercise. This is the healthiest way to lose the last 10-15 lbs of fat without losing too much muscle.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories? Exercise has never helped me lose weight. I do it because I want to be healthy not just lose weight but it actually makes it harder for me to lose.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to see a nutritionist.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Well, you could cut it off with a blade.....but I would recommend picking out your tombstone first so you don't get stuck with a fugly one.
  • rjlarry
    rjlarry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TRY JUICING 1 TO 2 DAYS A WEEK, THAT PUSHES ME OVER THE EDGE WHEN I AM TEETERING ON A CERTAIN WEIGHT. I HAVENT BEEN DOING THIS FOR LONG, BUT HAVE ACTUALLY DROPPED 14 LBS IN 40 DAYS AND IM NOT STARVING MYSELF. I DRINK TONS OF WATER EVERY DAY 70+ OZ'S AND THAT WAY WATER WEIGHT IS NEVER A FACTOR AS YOUR BODY IS USED TO PROCESSING IT.

GOOD LUCK!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    well, maybe if you DONT want to hear those answers, then you shouldn't ask..your body will do what it wants, no matter how hard you have been working, so if you are at proper height/weight, maybe it doesnt want to lose anymore
  • DoDoStephens
    DoDoStephens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    id love to b ur size.......im 5ft 7 and 190lbs! so i think u must b so lucky 2 b the way u r.xx:happy:
  • jessimica_b2
    jessimica_b2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    if i exercise but eat perogies for dinner everynight, i wont lose the weight i worked off by just eating those calories back in poor quality foods. but if i do the same exercise and have a large serving of veggies and water with something else tasty (like 2-3 perogies instead of 10) I drop weight like crazy...

not to be harsh, but it sounds to me like you arent trying everything if you are calling legitimate commentary as "BS"
  • newmrswood
    Options
    It could be that your body is at the right weight, you're obviously VERY active and that's what keeps you fit and in shape. You have to make sure your eating the right amount of calories and healthy food, so if your not doing that then that could be what's going on. The starvation mode thing is true, I know you didn't want to hear this, but by not eating enough calories your metabolism gets messed up. If you stop eating then your likely to lose weight, and too much, and when you start eating again your body will just gain a ton of weight because your metabolism will be too low. All you ccan do is eat healthy and stay active, or talk to your doctor for ideas.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    a nutritionist, a psychologist...both perhaps?
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary, I would say pay more attention to what goes in, not just calories but also fat, carbs, sugars, etc and continue working out. It took 2 months for me to lose my first pound! And my 19 lbs have come off VERY slowly (especially compared to other people on here) but they came off, AND now I've learned how to really eat and pay attention to what goes in my body. Much better than a quick fix. You can do it!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Lol don't listen to the "its muscle" bullsh*t xD People do just pull that out of their *kitten*.

Consistency is very important. Taking 3-4 days off isnt always a good thing
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you think cutting it off with a blade is a normal thing to say, then you need some professional help.
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    You really need to keep things in perspective. Maybe you should set mini goals for yourself. For example, maybe you should sign up for something like a half marathon or a 5k or a bike race. You should sign up for something competitive because at the end of your time frame, you have to have a deliverable ie. you need to complete the race or be able to run a distance. Many people argue that running a half marathon should not give reason to lose weight, but it has been helpful for me in sticking with my diet and excersise (because if a binge or dont work out for 3 days, i know I'm not going to be able to perform well or even finish the race). Setting mini goals like treating yourself to something after losing a certain weight also might be helpful (ie. lose 5 lbs, get a manicure, lose 10 lbs get a massage, stuff like that). Dont focus on the negatives. Focus on the positives. Working out makes you have more energy, gives you more color in your face after, people give you compliments...

More importantly though, are you sweating when you work out? You gotta break a sweat. Are you at a plateau? Are you pushing yourself to the limit? doing crunches at night? lifting a 5lb weight while youre sitting at the comp? maybe replace your desk chair with a pilates ball? Little changes could add up.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories? Exercise has never helped me lose weight. I do it because I want to be healthy not just lose weight but it actually makes it harder for me to lose.

O_o

This doesnt even make sense. You're doing it wrong.

Exercise burns calories. Higher Burned calories than intake = weight loss.

While exercising makes you gain muscle, which by volume weighs more than fat, you should still lose more fat than muscle gained, especially if your body is already used to working out and somewhat toned.

With all that being said, I'm glad you ARE doing the healthy thing and working out ;)
  • NaughtyPants
    Options
    I don't really have a magic answer but then again I think thats the point, it is a fustratingly slow process I think, I don't know if its the same for you but for me my weight as slowly crept on just through bad habits and although now I'm trying to do the right thing and trying very hard its a very slow process. Be easy on yourself, eat well and don't push yourself too far. Focus on being happy and I really hope you start to see the changes you want. Take care
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Your diary is very inconsistent. I would start with determining a daily calorie goal and stick to it - perhaps allow yourself a cheat day once a week.

Log everything you put in your month, everyday.

Make sure you drink enough water.

Continue to exercise, but keep in mind that weight loss is tied more to caloric intake than exercise.

Eat back at least some of your exercise calories burned.

If you're just starting out you'll need to give your body time to adjust - don't be surprised if it takes weeks to show an initial loss.

And you need to commit to it. If you don't you won't get anywhere.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    a nutritionist, a psychologist...both perhaps?

Agreed.
    I have both, don't know where I'd be without them.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one other thing:

Track accurately. Usually this is why people fail to see results.