Oh hello!

Options
My name's Leah (shocker), and I'm brand new to MFP today. I have a roommate that has used it, and a good friend of mine mentioned the app last night so I figured, hey, I'll check it out!

I've spent the past two years becoming a healthier person, and in the past 6 months it's finally clicked for me. By utilizing LoseIt! and picking up a Fitbit, I've been monitoring myself very closely and have lost 42 lbs this year. Also, a couple of my girlfriends and I started a weight-loss blog as support for each other while we work towards a common goal.

I've now decided I'd like to be MORE social about this process, and think this site is perfect. It seems to have a great community. So here we go, another step closer. I've still got about another 60 or so pounds to go, and I'd like to become more fit (not just a skinny fat person, you know? I want muscles!).

Please add me if you're looking to branch out. The more friends I have on here keeping me accountable, the better! Thanks and good luck to everyone! :D

Replies

• palmer59
    Options
    Welcome Leah!

MFP is great for motivation and self-accountability. I've used it for about a year and have been very successful in weight loss. I've also found that when I don't log in for a while, I'll gain weight because I'm not seeing the impact of what I'm eating. (Who knew that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is JUST FINE for breakfast as long as you balance your calories the rest of the day!?) No more "diet plans" for me...they never worked. I'm my hardest critic, but the cheerleaders in my family and on MFP keep me motivated.

Congratulations on your weight loss thus far! Keep it up!