Hi new to mfp

Options
hi everyone
I'm new to mfp. I have been on diets before and found that I don't have the support or I lose motivation. I'm know now that there is a site like this to help people like me that need the support and motivation.

I hope that people will add me and help me stay motivatived. I would like to get to a health weight what this is according to the doctors as 160 ish. I have a long way to go but I'm not focusing on that I want to focus a little at a time.

I'm looking forward to using mfp and meeting others that are in the same boat as me and helping to motivate them and myself.

Thanks for reading

Have a health day!

Replies

• larat71
    larat71 Posts: 60
    Options
    Welcome! I'm relatively new here, too. but I've already lost 9 lbs, so it works:) Happy to be your support!
  • lilblndcowgirl
    lilblndcowgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Honor,
    I am in the same boat. I am suppose to weigh between 150 and 170. I am about 30-40 pounds above that. I have already lost 30. I would love to be support for you.
    Krystle
  • fushigi88
    Options
    I'm new to mfp. I just started about a week ago. I have done weight watchers and this is similar. I'm here to lose weight so that I can be healthier and happier and be able to be an active mom and a good influence on my two-year old daughter. I also know my husband would like me to lose weight, too. I'm looking to lose about 50lbs. I feel like this is the right time in my life to tackle this problem and beat the weight once and for all.

Cheerio!
  • palmer59
    Options
    Welcome!

I've been on MFP for about a year. During that time I've not been consistent with logging in what I eat. When I don't do it, I gain weight. When I do log, I lose weight because it helps keep me accountable! I'm not on a "diet". I still eat WHAT I love, when I want to eat it (or crave it). However, by logging what I put in my mouth, I realize that I will need a lighter dinner, more water, an extra (walking) lap around the block with the dog...whatever. It keeps me accountable to me, but I see the results as I continue to log and weigh in. (I only weigh in ONCE a week...I used to weigh every day and would get frustrated and then EAT!) I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks (the HEALTHY way to lose) and feel great. Sometimes I exercise, sometimes I don't. The best thing is that after I'm done logging for the day, it will tell me what my projected weight will be in 5 weeks. THAT motivates me to keep going!

Good luck!! I KNOW you can do it!