Baby Steps.

Options
October 17, 2011

In all seriousness, I’ve been needing to lose weight for quite some time now. Not even to be “skinny,” but to be healthy, happ(ier) and treat myself better. I’ve been one of those candidates that can be filed under the “she always says that.” I’ve said it ever since I looked in the old photo box from college and even previously, and noticed even the most dramatic changes in my face, that make me want to be better.

I started off this year, after the array of health problems, and got busy on the pavement. Sadly, I will end my 2011 running career with the maximum race being a 15K. Don’t get me wrong, a 15K is a long and crazy route, especially in Traverse City, but my goals and talk were always higher, at completing a half marathon on October 16, which I never did follow through with…

About three weeks ago, when the dust began to settle after the move and the new job, I realize I was lethargic, exhausted and stagnate. I laced back up the running shoes and got at it. The route was nothing compared to the beginning of this year, or even this summer, but I overcame the mental game of getting outside, and so it becomes easier. Baby steps.

Due to a dental issue, I’ve been eating liquid and soft foods since Wednesday of last week, and what a difference does it make! I’m not starving, and I most definitely still found time for a (cut up) piece of pizza and some Coors Light during game 6 of the ALCS, but it has made me incredibly conscious of what foods are uppers, and what brings me down. How often I can afford to “splurge” and when it’s appropriate to battle my will power and suck it up. Baby steps.

I got on the scale today and it’s been unbelievable what three weeks of conscious living can do. Down 15 lbs. I’m sure since I’m moving more and eating less, this number took off a little too fast. I know it will slow down, and the journey will become more difficult. I also keep in mind that since we had moved into the house I had gained 15, which was surely all fat. So this is me, back at square one, counting down starting now. Baby steps.

So here I go. October 17, 2011. 25 years old. 240 lbs. 348 days until “I do.”

Replies

• 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great post! Keep up the good work and you will do fantastic! Terrific Job!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome post -- so full of wisdom! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • swaddell23
    Options
    Love you :) And I'm down with the posting weights and what not to be held accountable. Stay tuned for my first MFP blog entry.