Strange Feeling

Options
So I went to the doctor today to get a physical to make sure that everything was alright. I no longer fear getting on the scale like I used to when I was younger. The weird thing was once that I got on the scale and it should me at my current weight, I almost got emotional. I weighed the same I weighed in 8th grade, which was ten years ago!!! It was a "wow" moment for me. anyone else have those feelings?

Replies

• menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So I went to the doctor today to get a physical to make sure that everything was alright. I no longer fear getting on the scale like I used to when I was younger. The weird thing was once that I got on the scale and it should me at my current weight, I almost got emotional. I weighed the same I weighed in 8th grade, which was ten years ago!!! It was a "wow" moment for me. anyone else have those feelings?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Not yet - But I'm looking forward to it! Congratulations on your weight loss - what an inspiration!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep up the good work :drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • abillings9
    Options
    I'm not sure I could ever get back to where i was in 8th grade. LOL But good job!!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...congratulations! I can't wait for that moment!!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I get emotional when I go through my closet and try on stuff that I hadn't worn since middle school--and find it loose! Seriously!

I laughed myself sick when I thought "ZOMG, something that fits!" and pulled on a skirt. It was super short, but cute. I walk out to show my mom and she goes "What the hell? I haven't seen that skirt since you were in the 2nd grade!!!"
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I love to see a young person succeed. Especially teens. Mostly because a lot of us, as teens, don't get to buy our own groceries and cook what we want. Also, when I was in my 20's I couldn't cook much at all!! So far out darlin! So happy and excited for you:) Isnt' this just the best way to go. I see those stupid Slimfast commercials and I want to barf. People are starving their bodies trying to lose weight and if they could only find what we have on this site, they would know that most of what the "media' teaches about weight loss is all a scam to make money:(

Keep up the good work!!! Should be easy for us to maintain once we reach our goal because we form good habits:)

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the result of all your hard work!!

I got emotional when my doctor actually SMILED at me during my yearly check up!! :bigsmile: