Peanut butter service announcement

Just saw on the new that the peanut crop is down about half of normal because of the droughts in the south eastern US. If you use peanut butter as favorite protein, you may want to stock up as they are expecting the price to double by the end of the year.

Replies

• nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Thanks. I have about for more jars but I might want to stock up a little more. Mmmmm peanut butter.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Just saw on the new that the peanut crop is down about half of normal because of the droughts in the south eastern US. If you use peanut butter as favorite protein, you may want to stock up as they are expecting the price to double by the end of the year.

Good tip.

My wife works for a major food corporation so she was on alert about this for a little while. We are going to stockpile a bit.
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks for the tip! We go through tons of peanut butter in my house!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    PERFECT!!!
    "Honey why do we have 12 jars of PB?"

"ERM.... There is a shortage, duh."
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Its a good thing we don't peanut butter much. Thanks for the info anyway.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    damn someone posted this last week and I forgot to get peanut butter when I was at the store
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    I am out too! Went to the store today and meant to get some but I forgot!!! Now I have to go back and get a stockpile!!! Thanks for the heads up.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Thanks for the tip!!! We eat a lot of peanut butter.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    While you are stockpiling, buy an extra jar for your local food bank, if you can afford it. PB is a great protein and is always in demand at food banks.

Three cheers for Skippy!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    I just heard the same thing a couple days ago. With 4 boys in the house, we tend to go through it rather quickly. To think I went grocery shopping, yesterday, and neglected to pick up a large jar (or two).....UGH! lol