Mile Challenge for 10/17 - 10/23, open group

Good morning everyone! It's a new week, and time for a new challenge!

It seems that our current group is ready for different goals, so this week we are trying something new and offering our group members three different goals to reach for. You can join up to complete either 15, 25, or 35 miles this week. For new and old members, here is a list of the basics for this challenge:

-This is a weekly challenge to chart miles on any exercise equipment or outside running, walking, ect. We welcome anyone who would like to join us, this has become a great motivation for me! I will update the miles daily so we know where we all are. The challenge will run from today until next Sunday, and I will post the completed miles a week from today.

-Beginning this week, there are three separate groups for mile challenge. Group A will be aiming for 15 miles, group B will aim for 25 miles, and group C will aim for 35 miles. Please include which group you would like to join with when you reply to join so I can sort you correctly.

-Post your completed miles each day to this thread. I will update with current totals over my lunch most day, but forgive me if I am super busy and don't get to it until that night.

-I will keep your name on the list if you miss a couple of days, but if I don't hear from you for three days I will assume you've lost interest and remove your name from the challenge. You will still be welcome to join next week's challenge.

-These miles can be completed in just about whatever manner you prefer, and however spread out over the week. However, please don't join the challenge for 15 miles and knock that out in a day, it isn't supportive or encouraging to those of us that have to work for our mile challenge goal.

-This is a friendly challenge! It's okay if something comes up and you can't reach goal. We are here to motivate each other :)

To join the challenge, reply to this thread by Wednesday afternoon with your name and let me know which goal you are aiming for, A (15 miles), B (25 miles), or C (35 miles).

Happy miles to all!

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    I will be joining up for group C this week, aiming for 35 miles :)
  • cayzweaver
    cayzweaver Posts: 54 Member
    I'll join the 15 mile group. I need some motivation, as I'm training for my first 5K on November 19th!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member

I will join you in this and I would like to THANK YOU once again for taking this on!! You have helped to make this fun!!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Hi, I'll join the 15 mile group
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    How do you count miles on the bike or elliptical?
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    I would like to join group c please..
  • PlunderBunneh
    How do you count miles on the bike or elliptical?

The equipment I use counts up the miles as you go. Outside biking track how far you've gone, or use google maps to map your route and find the miles that way. I'm not sure about ellipticals without mile tracking, hard to guesstimate on those.
  • PlunderBunneh

I will join you in this and I would like to THANK YOU once again for taking this on!! You have helped to make this fun!!

You are very welcome! Seeing the miles everyone puts in is very motivating, and knowing you guys would call me out if I slacked keeps me going :)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Sign me up for group C please :smile:
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Can I please join in for th 15 mile challenge? I need to get back to putting some miles in but don't want to put myself off my chosing one of the higher groups!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Im in! Group A (15 miles) please! Starting out slow and then gradual increase my mileage. Thanks!!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    I'd like to join group B please
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Add me to Group A.... it sounds like a great place to start :-)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    5.9 miles for Monday :smile:

Good luck for this week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    I'm in for Group C as alot of my miles will be from biking this week :)

Awesome job everyone did last week , looking forward to seeing good numbers again and welcome to anybody who has just joined :flowerforyou:
  • rialems
    rialems Posts: 44
    Hi team - Please add me to group C - 35 Mile challenge
    I've been doing 25 Miles for the past two weeks - so please do sign me up for Team 35 *thats my age - so a good number lol*

Happy collecting team!

Ria
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Hi! I would like to try for group C! I've done 7.5 miles today.
  • Great idea on the groups! Sign me up for C please. 5 miles done this morning!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    From group C

Monday 10/10
    3.30 miles (dogwalk)
    3.59 miles (eliptical)

Total: 6.89 miles
  • cayzweaver
    cayzweaver Posts: 54 Member
    10/17 1.25 miles

Yesterday was really busy at work and I couldn't stay at the gym as long as I would have liked. But I was there for 45 minutes this morning and hope to walk at lunch so maybe I can make it up!