Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight Lifting Irony

Time waits for no person. Part of the reason I lift weights is to keep the aging process at bay for as long as possible. Which is why I find it ironic that several hours after lifting I appear to have more trouble getting out of my desk chair than co-workers that are many years (25+) my senior.

Replies

• whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    HAHA!
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    You should have titled this post: "Pumping Iron Irony"!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Good on you man. I remember tough practices in college, there were times the day after I couldn't get out of bed or lift my arms past about 45 degrees! Best feeling in the world man, knowing you truly pushed your body to that limit.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I do strenght training to be strong and healthy....then can barely walk and have trouble holding my pen LOL
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Lol! Wish I had a 'like' button!
  • After a particular session last week, the next day, it hurt to swing my arms while I was walking!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I do strenght training to be strong and healthy....then can barely walk and have trouble holding my pen LOL

Ever had to sit in your car for a few minutes because you were afraid to drive?
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,532 Member
    I used to work out in a group with a trainer and two days after a particularly brutal session, one of the girls said she fell down the stairs but it actually hurt less than trying to walk the stairs!
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Yup! I drive a stick and have had to pull over because my legs were cramping so bad after workouts a couple of times. I couldn't push the clutch in...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I used to work out in a group with a trainer and two days after a particularly brutal session, one of the girls said she fell down the stairs but it actually hurt less than trying to walk the stairs!

LOL
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    You should have titled this post: "Pumping Iron Irony"!

or simply "Pumping Irony"