Not losing weight....

I started My Fitness Pal right before I bought a treadmill (which I love!). I also have a stationary bike but I seem to get a much better work out on the treadmill. I work out every day. But with getting the treadmill, and watching what I eat (and not going over on my calories yet), I haven't lost any weight. I feel a little better, but no change. Is this normal?

Replies

• Yes! You are building muscle as you lose weight...sometimes they offset each other. Keep going!! well done!
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    I haven't lost weight but I've lost inches...the weight will eventually catch up...just keep doing what you're doing.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Very normal.Running will melt the fat around your heart,so your risk of heart attack will be less and other internal advantages.Keep on exercising as often as possible.
    Read your profile.You have always been on the right track and you looked great on your wedding day.I don't think you have any fats around your heart.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Just keep swimming just keep swimming
  • Holdra76
    Holdra76 Posts: 9 Member
    normal or not, i feel your frustration. I workout everday and the past 2 weeks no change. Actually put on 1/2 a pound. Anyhow, I feel awesome, my cardio capacity is probably doubled and my clothes are fitting better. I was told years ago to go by the way your clothes fit and I feel that is a great indicator on how we are doing. Keep up the sweating and I know it will pay off big time sooner than later!!!!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    What kind of time frame are you talking? If it has been less than a month I agree with the others.

If it has been more than a month I would think you would have seen some kind of change by now.
  • I think I've been using this website and using my treadmill for running for 3 weeks... so less than a month.... I know it hasn't been a long time but I've never kept track of what I eat, so I thought doing that would help right away. But from what everyone is saying, I just need to give it more time :smile:
  • That's what I was thinking it was. It sounds like from what everyone says that I just need to give it more time :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Depending on how much you have to lose, it may take a while to start seeing results. I had approx. 30 lbs to lose and saw absolutely no results (weight or inches) for about 3 weeks. Then, it just started falling off, then it slowed. The last few are taking their good ol' time. But they can't hang on forever.