Bodybugg or Bodymedia FIT user question

Options
Faery7
Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
Hi guys -
I just ordered my Bodymedia FIT and I went in to play with the website to see what it's all about. My question is, did anyone start using one of thes after using MFP for your initial weightloss and if so, did you increase your calories based on the data that the device provides? I'm thinking my 1200 cal/day might be too low when I start seeing how much I'm actually burning. I'm just so afraid to up my calories because I want to continue my weightloss. Any thoughts?
THANKS!

Replies

• galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I got my BodyBugg after starting MFP. I log both places but look more to what the Body Bugg website tells me as opposed to MFP. The calories just seem to be more accurate.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that they did not lose following bodybug's calorie estimates.They needed a 1000 calories deficit to lose 1 lb a week.Stick to what had been working so far.Our body is very tricky.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia FIT armband and I swear my weightloss came to a screeching halt once I started using it. Then again, I was going by the scale instead of a tape measure, which I've come to realize is a much more accurate way of tracking loss.

I would see how much you burn on average for about a week and then go by MFP's numbers as far as how much you want to lose a week and how much your deficit should be for that amount of loss

I.e., If I wanted to lose a lb a week and MFP said I needed a 500 cal deficit each day, and I burned 2000 cals that day, I would only eat 1500 cals.

I'm no scientist though :P

Good luck with your armband :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've got a KiFit, UK's version of Bodymedia FIT- it's actually the same thing... anyway... after using it for a couple of weeks, I noticed that my TDEE was quite high.

So, I played around with my settings in MFP to get the daily calorie allowance to change to what the KiFit website had set.

I adjusted the amount of exercise - this had no effect
    Then I changed my activity level from sedentary to lightly active / active....that worked for a while.

Now I've got it back on sedentary.... what the KiFit has confirmed for me, is that I need to eat back all of my exercise calories or the calorie deficit will be too big (>1500) and I won't lose.
    I read somewhere that they did not lose following bodybug's calorie estimates.They needed a 1000 calories deficit to lose 1 lb a week.Stick to what had been working so far.Our body is very tricky.

Yes, I keep my deficit at around 1000 on the KiFit website - I think this is because the calorie target on there is our TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) not just BMR
  • Faery7
    Options
    Thanks guys for your input! Anyone else have any thoughts/experience?
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious if anyone has anything to add.........
  • Faery7
    Options
    I ended up purchasing the BodyMedia FIT. I just got it last night, so excited! This is my first day wearing it, and I'm loving it already. I've taken 4156 steps so far today and have burned 1542 calories, so I know at this point I'm running at a 744 calorie deficit and haven't even worked out yet. I've set myself to have a goal of 1000 cal deficit per day to be able to lose 2 lbs per week. I love that I have up to date info to make sure I'm keeping myself on track. I'm happy with my choice :)