Favorite Smoothie Recipes Go Here...

Options
So, whatcha like in your smoothies, eh?

Not exactly exotic or fancy, but my latest concoctions have been overly ripened peaches and kiwi fruit with a splash of Torani Sugar Free Peach syrup with a handful of ice. Not too shabby but I want some new smoothie ideas...

(If anyone should suggest a recipe containing "nut butter", let me just get this out of the way now: /beavislaugh.)

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Protein Powder
    1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
    ripe banana
    little water if needed
    crushed ice

sometimes will add berries. its nothing exotic and maybe boring..yes. but damn tastey.

you could also add some "nut butter" as well. me likes almond butter.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I like frozen ripe bananas, a scoop of whey protein and almond milk. This week I am also adding 1/4c canned pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Yum!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Put into blender or bullet 1 frozen, chopped banana, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, a handful of spinach, and a tablespoon or two of agave syrup. Add a cupful or two of almond milk or coconut milk and whir until smooth. I call it my blue/green smoothie and it is the bomb.
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Protein Powder
    1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
    ripe banana
    little water if needed
    crushed ice

sometimes will add berries. its nothing exotic and maybe boring..yes. but damn tastey.

Same here, but I use almond milk! And I love it just as is. I tried adding chocolate or other fruits, and well, I'm just happiest with plain banana, and its thick enough to make me think it's a shake.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Gotta make a shopping list, looks like. Thanks for the recs, folks!
  • elcorcoran
    Options
    Have you tried Shakeology? It's incredible.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Shakeology? It's incredible.

Fo Sho
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    When I make a smoothie it's usually to try and get in some protein. So my base is:

1 scoop plain whey protein
    1/2 c. fat free milk
    1/2 c. low fat Greek yogurt (adds a nice tang, but you could just use more milk if you don't like that)
    1 frozen banana, sliced

Then, depending on my mood, I'll add one or more of the following:

1 c. frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries... go wild here)
    1 Tbsp. PB2 (you could use regular peanut butter if you have the calories)
    1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp. almond extract

There are so many amazing options for smoothies. Hope you find some new ones you like. :drinker:
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I start with plain yogurt. Add frozen/fresh fruit. My fave combinations are strawberry raspberry, mango strawberry, blueberry spinach...add a banana to any of these if you want it sweeter. I don't like them, but I can't taste them in these.
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My absolute FAVORITE :heart:

Vanilla Blueberry Yum!
    * 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (40 cals)
    * 1 cup Silk Almond milk (30 cals)
    * 1 Tbs. Sugar free vanilla pudding mix (25 cals)
    * 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (100 cals.. depending on the brand)
    * 1/2 cup water (optional)
    * 5-9 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like it)
    TOTAL= 195 calories
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Why must people always use banana?! I am not a fan.

My smoothies usually are 1/2 c milk, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries and a scoop of chocolate powder. It's the only way i was able to start "eating" breakfast