Baby Lisa

Options
mleoni092708
mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
I can't believe the updates on this case I heard this morning. Baby Lisa has been missing and now her Mom admits she was drunk the night she disappeared, and she failed a lie detector test. This is so sad. I wish I felt more optimistic about the poor child being found alive.

I don't know this woman's story, and I don't like to judge people without all the facts, but I personally would NEVER be drunk and left alone with my 3 children, and worse, one of them an infant. There are so many things that could go wrong.

I think she knows more than she's telling. I feel like we're re-living the casey anthony thing all over again. So sad.

Replies

• ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    I can't believe the updates on this case I heard this morning. Baby Lisa has been missing and now her Mom admits she was drunk the night she disappeared, and she failed a lie detector test. This is so sad. I wish I felt more optimistic about the poor child being found alive.

I don't know this woman's story, and I don't like to judge people without all the facts, but I personally would NEVER be drunk and left alone with my 3 children, and worse, one of them an infant. There are so many things that could go wrong.

I think she knows more than she's telling. I feel like we're re-living the casey anthony thing all over again. So sad.

Where is this? I'm googling....
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I think she killed the baby......seen it too many times....
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I think she killed the baby......seen it too many times....

I agree, she killed the baby and the husband dumped it along with the cell phones.

On that note, why haven't we heard about them tracing the phones? These goobers aren't smart enough to dump them first - so I bet the pings would take them straight to her...
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I hope they find baby lisa ok, even though I believe the mom killed her. On a side note I wish the media will focus on other kids of other racial backgrounds instead of the cute white kid.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    People are awful.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options

That is the exact same thing I was thinking...another Casey Anthony.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    To me it looks another Casey Anthony.....too many things seem off.

I really do hope that Lisa is alive!
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options

I agree. It is VERY sad!!! I pray that Lisa is alive and that they find her somewhere, but it's not looking so good as of right now. It does look just like another Casey Anthony case!! Makes me sick!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Baffles me that any mother would think it appropriate to get drunk while at home alone with their children. If she put that baby down at 6 something like she is now saying, did she feed her, bathe her and everything? I try not to think about these things because now that I have a child, I can not fathome the idea; some people are just sick. Some people should just not be able to reproduce. Period.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think it's very sad, and that lying to the police really makes the situation worse. However, having had too much to drink does not automatically make a person guilty of killing their child.
  • leckaw
    leckaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it is terrible that everyone is judging the mother. She may be an alcoholic, but it doesn't make her a murderer. She seems genuinely concerned for her child. I can't imagine the guilt she must feel having her baby kidnapped while she was passed out drunk. It is too sad.
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i used to be a heavy drinker until 6 years ago. my daughter is 18 months old and i cant fathom drinking or doing any narcotics since i had her. i really hope they can find that baby- however considering its been over a week i doubt they can find her alive and i think the parents know more than theyre letting on- just like the casey anthony case-
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Such a sad situation all around. But I am curious if the mother had the habit of being drunk alone with her kids or not. It was the first night that father worked 3rd shift, perhaps she was depressed and needed a drink. There isn't enough evidence to crucify this woman yet.
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    she's admitted to lying to investigators - the very people who are helping her if that doesn't ring a bell i don't know what does
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think it's very sad, and that lying to the police really makes the situation worse. However, having had too much to drink does not automatically make a person guilty of killing their child.

Failing a lie detector test does not prove that one is lying.... Are you telling me that your heart rate would jump (causing you to fail the test) if they aked you those questions?

The woman is very upset. Not a good state of mind to be in when undergoing a lie detector test.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have been following this case very closely. As a mother of a 8 month old and because this precious baby is just 5 hours across the state from me.

I have been praying for her safe return. Every lead is going no where.

I had first thought the dad did something because of his body language in the first press conference with the parents. Now the mom admitted to being black out drunk... my heart sank. Although, I can say only for myself.. I have NEVER not known what I was doing when I was drunk. Ever. I have forgotten some things I have said.. but never my physical actions. So I believe that being drunk is not an excuse.

But if you look at video just posted the Friday before, the mother is cooing at her and she is a happy baby. I don't know what could snap in the time between then...

Like others have said though, I don't think that it is right for people to automatically assume that because the mother admitted she was drinking that she must have did it. I am praying this ISNT another Casey Anthony case..
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Failing a lie detector test does not prove that one is lying.... Are you telling me that your heart rate would jump (causing you to fail the test) if they aked you those questions?

The woman is very upset. Not a good state of mind to be in when undergoing a lie detector test.

I don't understand your question in reference to my post. Again, I said that having had too much to drink does not automatically make a person guilty of killing their child . . .

I said that lying to the police really makes the situation worse, she said the last time she saw her daughter was 10:30 when it was actually 6:40, this is a lie. This lie gave the investigators to incorrect timeline to work with, making presumptions and assumptions based upon a 4 hour difference. This could have made a huge difference in how they were investigating and what information they were looking at, who knows how it would have been different if they'd had the correct time line in the first place.
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    I read today that the mom was having dinner and some wine with a friend. I'm sure we do not have all the facts about her drinking habits, so we shouldn't label this person a "drunk". She's an adult and is entitled to a glass of wine or two. With that said, the other "facts" do not add up...her time lines are off and her story changes every day. I'm sure she had some part in this and the drinking is a minor detail/cover up. Its so sad, another Jonbenet Ramsey and Casey Anthony case...
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised her other children didn't hear anything. Seems when the police tried to re-enact climbing through the window it was pretty loud. Who knows....for me, the jury's still out on this one. I agree, just because she was drunk does not make her a murderer. If she really was kidnapped and slept through the noise, how terrible she must feel!