Using video workouts

Options
I am using Leslie Sansone's walking videos. How to I calculate that to my exercise diary? I have done a search and none are listed.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Invest in a heart rate monitor to accurately track your burns. Otherwise, find a similar workout that is listed in the database and enter your info that way.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I would recommend determining the miles per hour used in the DVD you are using, for example:
    one mile in 20 minutes equates to 3 mph.
    one mile in 15 minutes equates to 4 mph
    Then just search for walking in the database and select the appropriate mph.
    Hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Started out using the very same cd ( 3 MILE WALK). I lost over half my weight using this cd but i didnt discover MFP until a few months ago. I would log it under walking at a brisk pace.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Depends on which one you're doing. If there's a "boosted" walk, count the work out as aerobics general. If not, low impact aerobics. A friend of mine has a HRM and did the exact same workout as me (she weighed as much as I did at the time) and her HRM was giving numbers as the aerobics. I love LS by the way!

I used to count it as walking, but you're doing so much more than that.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    generally a mile burns 100cal... walked or ran, but running gets it done faster obvs.. but ya heart rate monitor.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I do the 2 and 3 mile walks all the time.. I have it entered in my work out. And I have a heart rate moniter. For 30 minutes. I burn around 400 calories.Though Since i added it,. it should be hiding somewhere
  • ForMe62
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :smile: