Monk-isms

Options
The tv detective Adrian Monk had several idiosyncrasies, such as having to have only 10 chocolate chips in each of his chocolate chip cookies. What is your Monk-ism? Mine is that I HAVE to wipe off the excess shaving cream from the dispenser before I spray a fresh bacth in my hand in the mornings when I shave.

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I hate that show, but I have OCD so I have lots of these. It's more like what DON'T I have a quirk about. :)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have to straightened pictures no matter where I am. Oh and don't let a towel be hung uneven :laugh:
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes on the straightened pictures. And I also have to have all my dishes stacked from largest to smallest .. and if they're different colors, they either have to be all the same color together or alternating colors. Yeah, I know I have a problem ... :ohwell:
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have never seen the show but I have to have the loo roll with the loose side outwards and I will swap it round in anyones loo...even the gym toilets...lol

martyxx
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have to have the dishes in the dishwasher arranged just right. Even when some one else does the dishes I have to re-arrange them before they are allowed to start the dishwasher. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My friends get frustrated with me when I straighten things out in the store. I'll even out rows, or make sure everything is facing the same way. One time I spent about 10 minutes in a book store fixing the pens because there were blue pens in the red area, red in the black... it was driving me crazy. Needless to say, my roommate was super frustrated with me and pulled me away :sad:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like to put everything away the night before, so when I come in to work in the morning, everything is where it's supposed to be. I always figured it was cuz I was not a morning person & any little thing off, threw me into a tailspin. Now I work afternoons & I still pick everything up, but I have to come in with a shift already in progress. That's been a HUGE adjustment for me. I hate when things are left out when they could easily be put away, esp' things I'm not going to be using. I don't share my space very well, and this is killing me... but I just smile & deal, then put everything away when they leave! lol

Funny, I'm pretty organized at work, but my house is in shambles! LOL
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Cupboard doors always have to be shut - no matter where I am, if there is a cupboard open I close it.

When I buy canned goods they cannot be in a dented can.
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    Options
    In fast food restaurants I have to straighten the stacks of tray on the garbage cans, can't leave them alone. If I use a public restroom that has a paper towel dispenser I have to pull five paper towels. And, when I am in a car and we go over a cattle gaurd I have to touch the roof of the car. For a more complete list you could contact my wife.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Boards have a slot that runs down the middle and if there is any dust or dirt no matter how small in that slot I have to clean it out before I can use the Wii Fit.
  • goodwille
    Options
    funny i do the same thing with the shaveing cream can. I keep my music collection in a very specific order. Neil Young arrange by chronological recording date (not release date) then all other records are alphabetical by band/artist name unless the artist isa solo that came from the original band (like Ozzy is from Black sabbath). The in the bands section records are again arranged chronologically by release date (not recording date unlike Neil's) I hate whenI open a case and find the wrong album in the case, i have spent many wonderful afternoons organizing and researching to make sure everything is where it should be.
  • karenx30
    Options
    I have never seen the show but I have to have the loo roll with the loose side outwards and I will swap it round in anyones loo...even the gym toilets...lol

I do this too! LOL! Mine has more to do with numbers, like when I'm pumping gas. The numbers that make the dollar amount have to mean something to me. Like if its $45.25, I'll be 45 when my kid is 25. I have to keep pumping gas until I can make them mean something. Its annoying!!
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options

I do this too! LOL! Mine has more to do with numbers, like when I'm pumping gas. The numbers that make the dollar amount have to mean something to me. Like if its $45.25, I'll be 45 when my kid is 25. I have to keep pumping gas until I can make them mean something. Its annoying!!

So do you pump gas onto the ground if you can't fit anymore into your tank....or what?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Mine is that all of the programs I use throughout the work day have to be lined up in a certain order on the task bar...if they aren't, it drives me nuts! LOL! :laugh:
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mine is that all of the programs I use throughout the work day have to be lined up in a certain order on the task bar...if they aren't, it drives me nuts! LOL! :laugh:

Damn. I was reading all these, feeling pretty smug that I'm not afflicted with the terrible urges that these poor people have described... and then I read yours and realised I do this exact thing. If Outlook's not first, I'll have to close other things down and re-open them, even if that means interrupting something urgent. Now I'm wondering if there are any other things I do without thinking, too...

Oh well, as we're all here together, shall we take over the asylum?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Damn. I was reading all these, feeling pretty smug that I'm not afflicted with the terrible urges that these poor people have described... and then I read yours and realised I do this exact thing. If Outlook's not first, I'll have to close other things down and re-open them, even if that means interrupting something urgent. Now I'm wondering if there are any other things I do without thinking, too...

Oh well, as we're all here together, shall we take over the asylum?

Ok...so I Googled "inmates take over asylum" and lookie what I found...if I can get crazy with him, I'm totally down with the take over

6a00d8341cf11753ef0115705d85a7970c-320wi
  • karenx30
    Options

So do you pump gas onto the ground if you can't fit anymore into your tank....or what?

Luckily I can find something to equate to around $40 - $50
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I Googled "inmates take over asylum" and lookie what I found...if I can get crazy with him, I'm totally down with the take over

6a00d8341cf11753ef0115705d85a7970c-320wi

:love:
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would rather have my clothes thrown on the floor than hung the wrong direction in the closet.:noway:

All items must face to the right.:love::love: :love:

Additionally, I'm a HUGE spelling nerd.:huh: This is an extremely irritating thing in our current day of auto-spell and text-typing, not to mention that so many people spell things wrong here in NYC. (I do have forgiveness for those who come from a background other than English.)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i've never watched the show, but something that bugs me is when hubby puts a pair of shoes in the closet with the leftie on the right and the rightie on the left. they go in the closet facing THE SAME WAY YOU WEAR THEM!!! :)