Hitting on women in the Gym

Options

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    What was the question...I lost focus after heaving breasts.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    As far as getting hit on at the gym, sure.. why not?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Looks like the consensus is: Flirt away, Romeo!
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    I've been hit on at the gym before. It was awkward ha ha I'm like uh I'm sweaty and gross, but I like man sweat no lie ;)
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm married, not dead! I would be flattered, astounded and feel down right awesome! And I'd probably flirt back!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym I was all business. I put on my headphones and zoned out. I didn't hit on females at the gym. If I saw an attractive lady I'd think good for her keep it up. Maybe I'll see her out and about then hit on her but, not when I'm doing my thing. I did always get guys asking me about my routine,,,,,gawd I hated that. I'm there to train not have social hour

I'm pretty much the same. The gym is probably the one place I wouldn't hit on a woman along with my place of employment no matter how beautiful they were. The common thread: I am there to work (or workout as the case maybe ;)

I especially don't like it when female trainers try to talk to me. Mostly because no matter how friendly it always comes across as a sales pitch and frankly I probably know more than they do...
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I'm taken, so I'm not looking when I'm at the gym. But if I were single...

Depends. I hate when guys try to talk to me when I'm trying to focus on breathing and not dying. Break my focus, then I'm irritated, not flattered.

An older guy waited til I was done with the machine I was on to tell me "I had it going on." that was flattering because he just wanted to let me know and moved on so I could get back to work.

If I saw someone almost every day and they made a point of saying "Hello" and remembered my name then short chats that don't extend my gym time is fine. If we clicked, then things could build from there. Grabbing a Jamba Juice or a bite to eat, etc.

Just don't only come talk to me when I'm bent over and my rear is in the air or when I'm on that machine that basically makes me spread my legs to work my inner thighs ... tacky.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've been hit on a few times at the gym over the last year. It's just weird. I'm so focused on my workout that I don't really notice until the guy is walking up to me to talk to me.

I'd say it's a no-no and awkward if you know she's bustin' *kitten* on the treadmill or concentrating on lifting. I guess it's okay if she's obviously not focused on her workouts.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i think it's hot, if the guy is hot. The guy who works at the gym used to talk to me a lot, and he was SO hot omggg. LOVED IT. It was really flattering actually. He would always ask about my running and comment on how good I was at running lol... but I did have a boyfriend... i still enjoyed the compliments! He was just being a nice guy... I don't know if I would consider that being hit on, but some women on here probably woulddd....

He'd just hop on the mill with me and run for a bit and talk. Not really a big deal! haha. some people get majorly creeped out!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of my gym for 11 years now. They call me the "social butterfly"..lol..I tend to yap a lot before I work out. I have lot of male friends at the gym. But it's a boost of confidence when I do. Although I'm taken. Just makes me feel good.
  • sarabunny18
    sarabunny18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This may sound bad but I love being hit on! Makes me feel sooo good about myself knowing that guys notice that I look good! Make me feel like how hard i working actually pays off :)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    What was the question...I lost focus after heaving breasts.
    baahahahahah!!!!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I would find it flattering, so long as they got the hint if I weren't interested and allowed me to finish my work out. I hate it when a guy hits on you, and you are polite back, and then they don't leave you alone. Some men are TOO persistent.
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    I'm married, not dead! I would be flattered, astounded and feel down right awesome! And I'd probably flirt back!

Hell Yeah!!! My sentiments as well. I flirt here or there def did not hurt anyone, it can help boost flagging esteem and make you want to work out more and harder!

If I was hit on at the gym, which I hope not at the moment cos the time I go there is when the oldies go (LOL), I would be so flattered and glad that I am finally getting my old, sexy, wantable self back!! :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Ashely Judd is afamous Country Singer who gained fame as part fo the family band The Judds
    No that's Wynona. Ashley is the drop dead gorgeous female who was in "Normal Life".............
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If done in a non-creepy way I dont see a problem with it. Good Luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's flattering. I met a very good friend of mine in the gym. We dated, it didn't work out, but we are friends till this day.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    It would be flattering to me if it's in a public Gym...but too bad, I only go to women's gym :P I feel shy to even move when I see guys around. LOL
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Apparently I am "intimidating".... so I've been told. :huh:

Same here, sort of. This actually happens everywhere, not just at the gym.

But either way, no I don't mind. I'd be completely flattered, and who knows what could come out of it? I agree with the "starting with common ground" thing too. Always a good conversation starter.

I'm tall, have big hair, and I gots big ole boobies.........I'm intimidating.......

Maybe when I lose 10 more pounds something will change hahah!

Flattering yes. Only creepy if the dude was persistent after I said "Thanks, but I'm taken."
  • boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Depends if the guy was cute :-P