Mothers Apron

Options
Hey Guys :)

I guess this is for those mommies out there who have lost a significant amount. Am I to look forward to this flap of skin disappearing or is it only going to get smaller and still hang there?

I don't believe I'll have "excess skin" because it seems to be flattening out on my hips. However, my belly is much hang-ier.

Help if you can :ohwell:

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i have a huge issue with this, and i've not yet determined if my skin will go back to how it was or not. so far, NOT! i went from 125 lbs to 188 lbs when pregnant. i am now down to 147, so i still have a bit to go, but have lost 44 lbs. i am considering plastic surgery if it doesn't go down b/c it is HORRIBLE. i have lost about 14" around my belly area. i am going to give it about 5 more years and then decide what to do (i'll be 45 by then, and no more pregnancies) good luck, i hope all this goes away for us both! :smile:
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump...I am interested to read other moms' replies on this one. I have the same fear that mine will never go away :(
  • Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Gotta HATE that mothers apron. My sister has had two kids and hers is pretty much gone now, and I had my baby 5 months ago and have been losing weight and toning up sloooowly, just 30 minutes a day, and i am finding that really helps. will be a long process but i think slow steady weight loss is the key to this one. its frustrating though
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    Okay this is my experience. I have four kiddos. ( 3 of which were c-sections) I have a 7 yr age gap between the 2 sets. After my second baby I got close to my pre-baby weight. And the " APRON"" did shrink! So my answer would be yes it does go down ( he was around 2 when this happened) I was also eating healthy & doing pilates at the time and that really helped( tone my stomach). But now it's back ( after baby #4) I have lost around 15 pound since spring and it has gone down . Now if I could just remove some stretch marks LOL
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It really will depend on the elasticity of your skin and how long its been stretched for, I'm not expecting mine to disappear, but then had been overweight all my life, throw 2 pregnancies into that and I'm left with a huge apron :grumble: Some women are lucky in that they can tone up and get rid of it...with my luck I wont be one of them. What I'm trying to say is, as with our weight loss journeys everyone is different and our bodies will vary accordingly
  • Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :) I guess we'll just see how it goes huh?????