CrossFit

Options
Hello,

How do you guys track your crossfit workout on here? I want to get a pretty accurate calorie count.

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I would get a HRM that tell you cals burned if you want a good accuracy.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    HRM is the only way to track it. I recommend a Polar brand.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I do use a HRM, but use the "Circuit Training" category in the Exercise section. It gets pretty close to my burn, and then I end up changing the calories to what my HRM said.
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wow another Cross Fitter!!! I thought I was the only one.

I break the work outs down like this:

Cash in (ususally practice form with laight wiegths) I sub it in MFP as "Pilates"
    WOD I sub it in MFP for "Calistenics (push ups, sit ups) Vigorous Effort". WODs that are metcons or that have specific C2 / run portions I count those in addition to the "Calesthenics" portion of it as they have similar options in the MFP lists
    I also found pullups vigorous as usefull. and walking with a chald or 15# object.
    Cash out (ususally Mobility WODs) I use MFP's "Stretching- Hatha Yoga"

Hope this helps and please let me know if you find other things usefull.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I do use a HRM, but use the "Circuit Training" category in the Exercise section. It gets pretty close to my burn, and then I end up changing the calories to what my HRM said.

You can add your own exercises in MFP as you would a new food.

:flowerforyou:
  • DBiggs23
    Options
    I ended up just logging it as circuit training general, until i figure out what kind of HRM to get, any suggestions on a brand. Thank you for all the help.