Any ladies 5'6-5'8 or curvy women looking for encouragement?

Options
I'm trying to boost my friend count because I like encouraging people and sometimes I need encouragement myself. I'll be friends with (almost) anyone though!

I'm particularly interested in women around my height because it helps juxtapose progress, and if there is a bad month I think advice can be more easily given.

As a curvy woman, I had severe body issues growing up because even if i dropped 60 pounds, I'd still be a lot wider than the average "celeb lean". When I finally accepted my body type, I hid behind excuses and fear. "I don't want to lose a lot of weight because I don't want to lose my curves!"

That all ends right now! I'm finally motivated to get out of the unhealthy BMI and do something about this, and hopefully, my curves will provide me with confidence instead of awkwardness (I have to buy pants two sizes too big because my butt and thighs are huge, but my waist is way smaller).

Replies

• Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, my butt and thighs are 2 sizes larger than my top. I have a difficult time buying dresses. I'm only 5'4" though but feel free to add me if you like.
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    5'6 right here! :)

Good luck on your weight loss! You can do it! :)
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Curvy, 5'6...add me if you would like :)
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    im 56 and curvy too - add me if you want :D would love the support too
  • keenslk
    Options
  • keenslk
    Options

IU meant 5'6
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    5'6 here :-) I will add you! I'm aiming to get down to 160 and go from there. I think like you, though, 135 will be my ultimate goal. May take me a while to get there, but anything is better than being 212 pounds again!!
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am always looking for support and encouragement as well, we are about the same height and weight with the same goals so feel free to add me.

Good luck
    Jody
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'4"...but curvy...feel free to add me if you'd like..
  • I',m 5'9. feel free to add me if you want!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    5ft 6 here. Massive bottom half. 47 inch hip but a 28 inch waist. Nightmare for clothes but I do love having a smaller waist to hip ratio. This was looks nicer I think. Feel free to add me. I used to weigh about 280 pounds (20 stone) but am down to 178 (12.8 stone) Did this very slowly over about 3-4 years but got sidetracked after I had my kid. Had just under 40 pounds to lose. I lost about 15 in 2-3 months (about 9 since i joined this) so not far to go now :)
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I started at over 200lbs now weigh 138 and would like to get down to 132. Add me if you'd like,
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    5.6" and dangerously curvy! I'm about three sizes difference between bottom and top - dresses or button-up tops, forget about it.
  • grandtheftuno
    Options
    I'm pushing 5' 6", and I have a curvy hourglass figure. I do love having curves, but I wouldn't mind having a few less of them!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    5'8 and big butted. :)
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and big boobied! Lol! Starting out bigger than you but definitely add me if you want some encouragement!
  • lotuslion
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and curvy too - feel free to add me! :D
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    5'7" and curvy! I definitely have the hour glass, but when I gain, it goes straight to my hips and butt!! I can't wait until it is all evened out!!! Feel free to add me! :D
  • jbmergen
    Options
    5'6" and I have different sizes between my bust, waist, and butt. I'm hoping to get between 130-135, since that is the middle of the normal range for the bmi for someone my hight. However, I've been getting stuck at the 150 area...grrrr!
  • 4lilmama
    4lilmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'6 very curvy, need to straighten them out just a little bit,need support too!:)