Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

just because one thing works for YOU does not mean that it w

****just because one thing works for YOU does not mean that it will work for everyone!****

We all have different bodies.
Fruit, although it may be high in NATURAL sugars, still has good antioxidents and vitamins in it I find essential. Fruit does not slow down my weight loss.

Just because you eat back none of your exercise calories or all of them, don't try and push it down someone's throat. Everyone has to figure out these changes for themselves.

There is a difference between suggesting something when asking for it but just plain putting someone down for their food diary when there may be other circumstances going on is just plain wrong.

Replies

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    I agree :happy:
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    I totally agree!! :-)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    This cannot be said enough times! Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Amen sister. I'm sure if I wasn't too lazy to open my diary, people would FREAK. I never eat back my exercise calories and don't want to hear "oh you're not eating enough blah blah blah". I've done and tried it all and know what works. Go you!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Agreed. Trust in yourself. We must all do whats right for us. We may all be on a weight loss journey but have all come from a different start and for different reasons because we are all unique.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    agreed, this is why my diary is private. I dont want unwanted input. If i need some help, I'll open it up.
  • Totally agree! I have some MFP friends that are college students and do not have access to a kitchen or refrigerator for a 5 days so they have to eat what can be stored without refrigeration for 5 days. They are trying so that is all that matters.

I love my college student MFP friends. I love all my friends, I do not judge them by what they are eating because I am not in their shoes and do not know their circumstances or their health issues.

If you need a new friend that will not judge you, send me a friend request and I will glad to support you!

Preach it Sista!

Claire
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    totally agree!!!! everyone is different. I dont eat my exercise calories but that is just what works for me to lose weight- and no im not starving ha and I would never imposse on people that what I do is the right way are bodies are all very different!!! great post :D
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Well said!!! I'm still trying to figure out what works for me...and I love the input I get, but in the end, it's about what will work for ME!! The best thing we can do here is cheer each other on and pick each other up when we're feeling down on ourselves.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    totally agree!!!! everyone is different. I dont eat my exercise calories but that is just what works for me to lose weight- and no im not starving ha and I would never imposse on people that what I do is the right way are bodies are all very different!!! great post :D

Couldn't of said it better...^^^^^ Ditto!!!!:wink:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Good point!

But I am one of those annoying people that comments if you eat too many processed foods and no fruits/veggies :tongue: I had someone do it to me when I first started and now every time I look at my food diary, I remember her comment and realize I need to go eat some fruits and veggies!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Well said, I have tried eating all my exercise calories and didn't lose weight, I didn't lose weight if I didn't eat any of them either, What works for me? Eating 1,300 to 1,600 calories a day...

When I eat my exercise calories I gain weight.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Amen over and over again!!!
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Thanks. I'd begun to believe everyone here thinks they are licensed nutritionists or M.D.s based on their personal weight loss experience. There is a lot going on in any one human body, and there is no one list of "rules" or "absolutes."

Part of this journey for me is understanding how my own body reacts and behaves with certain eating and exercise behaviors. It's a learning experience, and while I appreciate suggestions for what has worked for others, I do not welcome pseudoscience or unsubstantiated assertions. There's a lot of baloney flying around a lot of these discussion threads, and not the eatin' kind!
  • ehh...I partially agree. there are people here doing very unhealthy things sometimes and they should be corrected and encouraged to do things in a manner that is conducive to HEALTH and not just weight loss. So there is a right and wrong way to go about it but pointing out unhealthy behaviors is not WRONG in it's own right.

That's just my opinion. No one would know they were being unhealthy unless they were told.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    ehh...I partially agree. there are people here doing very unhealthy things sometimes and they should be corrected and encouraged to do things in a manner that is conducive to HEALTH and not just weight loss. So there is a right and wrong way to go about it but pointing out unhealthy behaviors is not WRONG in it's own right.

That's just my opinion. No one would know they were being unhealthy unless they were told.

I agree...AND there is a right way of explaining situations and there is a wrong way of explaining...there are those that are going to want straight up, to the point...tell it like it is...answers..and then there are those that are going to want it in a milder sensitive caring way...

There is no Right or wrong way of explaining....first of all you never know who is willing to take the advice...that being said I encourage someone telling me, if I am doing something in a hurtful manner..but now does that mean I need to actually do what they say, absolutely not...this site is for people to take it as it is...just answers, just advice, just words...you do what you like with what is being given to you... Absolutely no reason to be hurt with what others say...if you don't like them anymore..then for goodness sakes, DELETE them as a friend..that is all.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    ****just because one thing works for YOU does not mean that it will work for everyone!****

We all have different bodies.
    Fruit, although it may be high in NATURAL sugars, still has good antioxidents and vitamins in it I find essential. Fruit does not slow down my weight loss.

Just because you eat back none of your exercise calories or all of them, don't try and push it down someone's throat. Everyone has to figure out these changes for themselves.

There is a difference between suggesting something when asking for it but just plain putting someone down for their food diary when there may be other circumstances going on is just plain wrong.

......which is EXACTLY why I put a disclaimer in my signature line.