NSV-308 steps!

Options
slainger
slainger Posts: 150 Member
This isn't my first NSV, but its the first one I felt was post worthy! Before I started to lose weight (my MFP start date is 2/17/11), back on January 29th I went to the Point Reyes Light House. To get to the light house, you descend 308 steps, as well as steep paved declines. Of course, to get back up, I had to ascend those same steps and inclines! I was about 75 pounds heavier than I am now, and totally out shape. I've since taken up regular exercise and running, and even completed my first half marathon on Oct 2nd. Back then, it was pure agony to climb those steps. I had to stop frequently and was having a hard time catching my breath. It felt nearly impossible to do! Well I went back to the light house on Oct 15th, and had a very easy time going back up those steps!! It felt so awesome to be able to climb those steps without all the agony, that I had a huge smile on my face and was very proud of myself!

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! I'll bet you felt like a million bucks!
  • ceyuh
    ceyuh Posts: 34
    Options
    That. Is. AWESOME!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That's a HUGE step (all puns intended). Seriously, great NSV. FYI - all NSV's are worth posting but this one you should be particularly proud of. WTG!!!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a great NSV!!! :love:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment!!!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Beyond cool! I've been thinking a good workout would be to wander over to the local high school in the evenings and work the bleachers ... you've helped convince me that'd be a worthy effort.

Congrats! Way to show those steps who's boss. :)
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I visited there in 2001...those steps are a killer! Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    That is fantastic!!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself!! Good job
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • scol14
    scol14 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am embarrassed to ask this....what does NSV mean?
  • slainger
    Options
    I am embarrassed to ask this....what does NSV mean?

NSV=Non Scale Victory!
  • slainger
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :bigsmile:
  • robbink
    Options
    Yeah!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • shrinkinglily
    Options
    Awesome! And Point Reyes is such a gorgeous setting for an NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!