Healthy Life-Style Group

Options
I would like to create a group for people who are trying to loose a significant amount of weight, by changing their life-style, no pills, programs or surgery, just learning to shop for and prepare healthy meals, pick health friendly restaurant meals and get the appropriate amount of exercise. We could share as we learn and encourage each other as we go.
Possible topics:
Monday - Quick cook meals,
Tuesday - Balanced menus,
Wednesday - Food shopping tips,
Thurday - Eating tips (what schedules, combos,etc work for you.)
Friday - Exercises/workout routines,
Saturday - Health/sports equipment.
These topics could be tweaked if there is more interest in other topics, like having a weekly weigh in. Is anyone else interested in a group like this?

Replies

• sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    I would be interested, feel free to add me as friend and keep me posted.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! x
  • larak2011
    Options
    Hi Angel, I would do my best to contribute. Not sure I'll be so strong on the quick menu day...he, he.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    add me
  • mebegreen
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hi Angel, I would do my best to contribute. Not sure I'll be so strong on the quick menu day...he, he.

We all have our strong points. I know very little about equipment
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Monday Quick Recipe:

ThreeCannedBeanSalad.jpg

This is a popular, five minute, vegan recipe that is very filling:
    This make four servings:

1 can of green beans
    1 can of kidney beans
    1 can of garbanzo beans
    1 dill pickle
    1 tbsp ranch dressing

Open and Drain cans of beans
    Combine the beans in a large bowl
    Dice pickle and add to beans
    Add Ranch dressing

120 calories per serving
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Tuesday Balanced Menu - For breakfast, nutritionists say eat carbs and protein. This morning I decided to try something new, cottage cheese and grapes. I really like it, and I bet if you need more calories, a sprinkle of nuts on top would be yummy.
    Does anyone else have any suggestions for a good breakfast menu?
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    I am not a good shopper so I would love any helpful hints that you may have. I have learned not to buy bargain bags of fruit, they invariably windup costing more than fruit by the piece. When you count the bruise and bad fruit you throw away from those bags, you get bigger, nicer fruit by the piece for the same price. I may be too picky where fruit and vegetables are concerned, but I don't like to eat them if they don't "look good." So we wind up shopping twice a week, or more, for fresh produce, instead of buying a week's worth and throwing away the stuff that goes bad. I think I eat more produce this way, because it always looks good.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Thursday Eating tip - Only eat an amount of food at one sitting the size of your fist or smaller and wait a minimum of three hours between meals. If you do this most of the time, your own stomach will help you avoid over eating, because you will become uncomfortable. The natural stomach band.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Thursday - Exercise I recently went on a trip where I did not have access to my "usual" exercise routine and made the commitment to walk at least 30 minutes a day. I wound up walking 60-70 minutes a day. I continued my weight loss (1.5 pounds) This experiment showed me that just walking is a great exercise, and I have since added it to my daily routine as much as possible. What is your favorite exercise?
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Saturday - Health/sports equipment. The best health advice I have is DRINK YOUR WATER! everyday and every glass. You won't be sorry.