I'm at a loss

Options
I know in order to lose weight you have to eat right AND exercise. The eating part so far hasn't been too bad, I've been eating less and drinking more water. What I am having trouble with is the exercising part. I'm a stay at home mother of 2. I don't have any exercise dvd's or exercise machines. I can't just decide to take a walk, I don't have a stroller for the little ones. So I guess, any suggestions as to what I could do to get a little exercise in would be helpful. Thanks. :)

Replies

• ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Take the lil ones swimming. Or to the park. Participate and play. :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Just some suggestions:
    Turn on the radio and dance (the kids would probably love this too)
    If you have cable tv or internet, there are workout shows available for free. (you tube, or On Demand)
    Go to the library and get DVDs, or books on exercises.
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would also be looking into a used stroller for two. It's amazing how cheap you can find one.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Check this out sched for you in all Quick and can do at home

BodyRock.tv Workout Week

This is my workout schedule for this week and you guys are welcome to follow along.
    Sep 25
    Sunday
    No workout for this day.
    Sep 26
    Monday
    Hot Body Workout
    Sep 27
    Tuesday
    Silent Killer Workout
    Sep 28
    Wednesday
    My Buns Hurt Workout
    Sep 29
    Thursday
    We Found Love Workout
    Sep 30
    Friday
    Grab Your Balls Workout
    Oct 1
    Saturday
    Yeah! Workout

This is my workout schedule for this week and you guys are welcome to follow along! :)
    Oct 2
    Sunday
    No workout for this day.
    Oct 3
    Monday
    No workout for this day.
    Oct 4
    Tuesday
    Quantum Of Sweat Workout
    Oct 5
    Wednesday
    Wow Booty Workout 2010 – Beating Our Records
    Oct 6
    Thursday
    Workout Mash Up! Grand Theft Booty + Counter Strike Workouts.

Oct 7
    Friday
    Born This Way Workout
    Oct 8
    Saturday
    Amazing Fat Burn Workout

This is the workout schedule that I am following this week and you guys are welcome to follow along! ;)
    Oct 9
    Sunday
    No workout for this day.
    Oct 10
    Monday
    No workout for this day.
    Oct 11
    Tuesday
    You Push Me Workout
    Oct 12
    Wednesday
    Give Me a Reason Workout
    Oct 13
    Thursday
    No Fear Exercise Challenge
    Oct 14
    Friday
    I’m Crazy But You Like It! Exercise Challenge
    Oct 15
    Saturday
    Hot Mess Workout

This my workout schedule for this week and you BodyRockers are welcome to follow it along with me! Let’s get (keep) in shape together ;)
    Oct 16
    Sunday
    No workout for this day.
    Oct 17
    Monday
    Do It. Do It. Exercise Challenge.
    Oct 18
    Tuesday
    If You Really Want More Workout
    Oct 19
    Wednesday
    Sexy Supremacy Workout
    Oct 20
    Thursday
    Marine Corps. Workout
    Oct 21
    Friday
    Set Fire Workout
    Oct 22
    Saturday
    Burpee Fusion Workout
  • muskaan1234
    Options
    bodyrock.tv
    check it out :)
  • mandimommy
    Options
    jumping jacks
    squats and lunges
    punch (just stand in squat and punch air until exhausted!)
    run in place
    sit ups
    push ups
    tricep dips off a chair

borrow work out dvds from the library or friends if you can, even for just a few days to get some ideas
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I know in order to lose weight you have to eat right AND exercise. The eating part so far hasn't been too bad, I've been eating less and drinking more water. What I am having trouble with is the exercising part. I'm a stay at home mother of 2. I don't have any exercise dvd's or exercise machines. I can't just decide to take a walk, I don't have a stroller for the little ones. So I guess, any suggestions as to what I could do to get a little exercise in would be helpful. Thanks. :)

First off...you dont HAVE to exercise to lose it, but to lose it faster you do.
    Secondly...how old are your little ones? If you need a stroller for two, have you asked a local charity or a church if they have one that you can get? What about situps and pushups, take the kids to the park and run around with them...there is always something you can do to move...you just gotta stop saying theres nothing and do so.
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you go to your diary first and take a look at your exercise log. Search to see what exercise you can do at home such as jumping jacks, leg lifts, sit ups and push ups. See how many calories you burn at what length, such as 50 jumping jacks or 10 minutes of jumping jacks. Base you exercise around some things that you can do at home until you get a stroller to start walikng you 2 children. Someone suggested you can buy a used stroller very cheap which is true. You can actually buy a twin stroller on craigslist or at a yard sale. I hope these were some helpful suggestions. Good luck on your journey!!!!!!!!!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Why don't you have a stroller? See if you can buy a cheap second hand one and take your kids out for fresh air! Or as mentioned above, depending on their age and your budget you can do things like go to a park, a public swimming pool, mum and baby exercise sessions etc. or just play active games in your backyard (if you have one). Kids need exercise as much as or more than adults do (it makes them much saner and calmer...).

Also, Youtube has masses of exercise videos of varying quality.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I know at one point..I saw at Target...some DVD's for mommy and child to participate for exercise...
  • I have lots of stairs in my house so I purposefully leave things upstairs so I have to keep going up and down all day! You would be surprised how many calories it can burn.