do you have a favorite child?

2»

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    My favorite child? My kids asked me that one day - my favorite kid would be......(drum roll) MY DOGS!!!! lol

They never complain about getting the same thing for breakfast/lunch or dinner.

They are ALWAYS happy to see me (even if they were in trouble before I left for work).

and They never talk back.

Seriously, I don't do the favorite child thing, my son and daughter are unique in their own special ways. I love them both equally. I had my son when i was very young, so I had to grow up quick and now we like the same shows/music/authors. My daughter is a little character and loves to ham it up, loves to dress up in cute dresses and be a girlie girl (nothing like how I was as a kid).

My parents had their "favorites" - yea, does not make for a conducive environment.

Yep, the dog. I have said this many many times for all the reason's you mentioned.
    Seriously though, I don't have a favorite. I have 3 very different boys. I relate to each of them very differently. I love them for what they are and what they can become. Somedays I don't love them at all but that is being a mom. LOL
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Well......... I used to say no.

Then Wednesday happened.

And on that particular day, my favorite was the one I DIDN'T have to go bail out of jail at 5:00 am.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    I have Three boys and I have to say I do not know how you could have a favorite. My boys are all so unique and wonderful in their own ways. I can honestly say I love my boys equally and can not imagine my life without them!

^^^This exactly. In fact, have have three boys as well. While one may test my patience more than the others, they are all three such fantastic and unique kids. Each of them has such different personalities but they are the 3 absolute loves of my life. :heart:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Well......... I used to say no.

Then Wednesday happened.

And on that particular day, my favorite was the one I DIDN'T have to go bail out of jail at 5:00 am.
    :heart:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    This thread makes me a little nauseous, but I'm not really surprised. It's not the first thread by the OP to do that.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    You know this thread is just trying to stir up issues. I mean really any parent with a true favorite is probably not the best parent.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    I don't play favorites. I sell them all for as much as I can.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I don't play favorites. I sell them all for as much as I can.

Winning.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Your profile page says you're a "Christian". Where is Christ's love in what you're saying?? I don't feel it at ALL...shame on you!

*Edit to add: I've NEVER commented negatively to another MFP member....until now.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Both of my children have a lot of me in them
    and
    Both of them have a lot of my ex husband in them

I love them both equally. I'm not sure you could have a favorite.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    I have Three boys and I have to say I do not know how you could have a favorite. My boys are all so unique and wonderful in their own ways. I can honestly say I love my boys equally and can not imagine my life without them!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Really? Really?! I know you are looking to start some form of a ****storm but I just wanna smack you, really hard!!!

I love you and am so glad you are a friend.

I can only hope this favoritism isn't shown in the household. That will mess a child up for life.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Really? Really?! I know you are looking to start some form of a ****storm but I just wanna smack you, really hard!!!

I love you and am so glad you are a friend.

I can only hope this favoritism isn't shown in the household. That will mess a child up for life.

It is always shown. We may not put all the pieces together until we are adults, but everyone figures it out in the end.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    As soon as an ignore feature happen on MFP, you are one of the first in my list.
  • seriously?
This discussion has been closed.