How do YOU do Insanity?

Options
I haven't started Insanity yet (okay, I admit it - it actually scares me a little), but how do YOU do it? Do you take rests when you need them, let the DVD play and join back in, or do you pause it while you rest then restart it when you're ready to go?

I used the latter method when I was trying to get to grips with P90X's Plyometrics workout and the first time I did it it took me two hours!! That said, within a few weeks I was getting all the way through, partly I think because even though it was taking me ages I was doing the whole workout. I was thinking of doing the same with Insanity but it looks so intense I don't know if I'd end up spending most of the day doing it, if I chose that option.

Replies

• karots
    karots Posts: 8
    Options
    I smear peanut butter all over door-handles.

Oh wait you mean the workout program? Haven't started, yet!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just did as much of each exercise as I could and joined back in when I was ready. The only times I paused it were to run to the potty or grab more water. As you work through it, your body will get conditioned to recover faster.

I wish I could say it gets easier as you go along, but it doesn't! :blushing:

Yet you will see yourself being able to keep up with the people in the video if you stick to the schedule. You won't have a great day every day, rather some days will be better than others.

Just keep pushing play every day and you will get through it. You can do it!

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • BethanyB1992
    Options
    you work out for 3 mins an than they let you take a 30 second water break
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I take a break whenever I need it but I don't stop the DVD. Even the people in the tape stop for breaks!