Any light cheesecake recipes??

Options
I love cheesecake...looking for some low-cal recipes? Anyone?

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it exists... but I have no idea. Google, maybe? I usually go to allrecipes.com for new recipe searches, but I haven't made cheesecake in so long I'm clueless.

Looking forward to see if anyone replies!
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I have not made this, but a friend did and she really liked this recipe

http://www.smartswaprecipes.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?name=creamy-yogurt-cheese-cake

I figure a greek yogurt based cheesecake can't be all bad, right?
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I made a pumpkin cheesecake the other day. Pumpkin, cream cheese (reduced fat), plain greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and splenda. If you don't make a crust it'll cut down on the calories a lot. Also, I cooked mine in a muffin pan to help with portion control.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly cheesecake, but a nice snacky alternative to cheesecake is this: take a graham cracker, break in half. Add a dollop of cheesecake pudding. Top with fresh fruit. It's quite tasty!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I want to try these out :)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/no-bake-cheesecake.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/strawberry-swirl-cheesecake.html

Strawberry one looks absolutely delicious !!! and the SkinnyTaste website has some really good recipes for future reference. :happy:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Something that I do that isn't exactly cheesecake but a very good alternative is ...

Plain greek yogurt -small container, the ones that are about 100 calories and prob. around 5-6 oz.(I like chobani brand)
    1 packet of splenda or sweetener of choice
    sugar free/fat free cheesecake flavored instant jello pudding powder

mix well together and then let it set up in the fridge for an hour or two and it has a taste and consistency similar to cheesecake and it's quick and easy. Like I said, not the same but it helps kill the cheesecake craving

Oh yeah, and I top mine with sugar free cherry pie filling (only 35 calories in a quarter cup-and it takes less than that) so it tastes like cherry cheesecake. You can use frozen mixed berries too...also good!
  • Guerita83
    Options
    skinnytaste.com

No-Bake Cheesecake
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Size: 1 piece • Calories: 239 • Old Points: 5.25 pts • Points+: 6 pts

8 oz Cool Whip Free
    8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp lemon juice
    In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, lemon and sugar for a few minutes until fluffy. Add Cool Whip and whip until smooth. Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill for a few hours, until firm.

And if you switch your sugar to a much healthier one, then thats even LESS calories :)
  • exploremore2011
    Options
    I've made these with low fat sour cream and low fat cream cheese - For the base I used lemon iced cookies instead of shortbread - They were freaking delicious ;)~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFP3kuaKmU
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    here is one I found-

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Light-Cheesecake

12 Servings

Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 70 min. + cooling

15 70 85
    Ingredients

1-1/4 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 40 wafers)
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 teaspoon plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
    2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
    1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 egg whites
    1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup sliced fresh strawberries

Directions

In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and 1 teaspoon sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
    In a large bowl, beat the reduced-fat and fat-free cream cheese, and cornstarch until smooth. Add eggs and egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream and extract. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
    Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    8 oz Cool Whip Free
    8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp lemon juice
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! can't wait to try out some recipes!
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    awesome..and no bake,even more awesome,thnx
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake is my fav! Thanks for some recipe ideas!
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump!