Hello Everyone! Countdown to Christmas-ish

Options
Hi everyone. I've been on for about a week now, done well following my recommended calories and I have actually lost weight!! My hope is to lose about 20 pounds by my birthday, which is in January - hence the "Christmas-ish" timeframe. I hope to find lots of new friends and support on MFP! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Good luck! I believe you can make your goal as long as you stick to it!
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been on for about a week now, done well following my recommended calories and I have actually lost weight!! My hope is to lose about 20 pounds by my birthday, which is in January - hence the "Christmas-ish" timeframe. I hope to find lots of new friends and support on MFP! Good luck everyone!
    My advice for Christmas and Thanksgiving time is to exercise a whole lot those holidays only come once a year and that food is to scrumptious to not eat. So work your a$s off st the gym and enjoy all of that wonderful deliciousness:happy:
  • ajd241
    ajd241 Posts: 76
    Options
    My birthday is in late January too and I have the exact same goal. Or I want to lose at least a decent portion of my weight loss goal! I'll need all the motivation I can get when christmas and new years is in between :indifferent:
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks! I feel like I am going to be able to stick to it, I am still super positive about it and I have enjoyed the progress of just one week down!
    Options
    Mmm...food...I have already started the list in my mind of which foods I just can't pass up and how to make up for all of those calories, LOL!
    Options
    It's not going to be the easiest time of year to lose weight, that is for sure, but you know if you really want it, nothing can stop you! I just got a flyer from the hospital gym telling me that the average American gains 7 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas, or something like that. Gee, thanks!! I am not going to be an average American this year, that is for sure!