Do you prefer your pet to your child?

Options
CaptainGordo
CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
Is your pet similar to you, or opposite of you?

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I wont be negative, Ill just say you must not have a child
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This totally cracked me up. I adore my children and when I have any feeling at all (hardly ever) about the cat, I absolutely HATE her. So, no, I don't prefer my pet to my child.
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't have children, but I have 3 dogs and I foster dogs.. It's very fulfilling. but I know that when I have children, even if I have to adopt.... that child will be EVERYTHING to me
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If my son ran away, I'd die. If my dog ran away, it wouldn't be the worst thing.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I do, actually. One child and one dog. I tasked them with proving to me, this week, who is most worthy of my love and affection.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    If my son ran away, I'd die. If my dog ran away, it wouldn't be the worst thing.
    So that's one vote for pets.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like my pet better, to be honest. My cat never complains and is always wonderful. My kids - not so much.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I do, actually. One child and one dog. I tasked them with proving to me, this week, who is most worthy of my love and affection.

I sure hope you're joking!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    *shrug* what's the difference? When I feel like going away I treat them all the same anyway. Fill up a big bowl of food and water and let them fend for themselves. :wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I will say my dog usually minds me better, but then again i have adult kids and teenagers. LOL. But if my dog ran away I would be upset but life would go on, If something happened to one of my kids or grandkids I would have trouble going on and wouldnt know how to move forward.....my kids mean alot more to me then my pets....
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I like my pet better, to be honest. My cat never complains and is always wonderful. My kids - not so much.
    That makes it...

Pets: 2
    Kids: 0
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I sure hope you're joking!
    That makes it...

Pets: 3
    Kids: 0

I thought it might be a little closer at this point.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I prefer pets to kids, in general, yes
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    *shrug* what's the difference? When I feel like going away I treat them all the same anyway. Fill up a big bowl of food and water and let them fend for themselves. :wink:
    Right! Why do people complicate it so much with child care and schooling?!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I will say my dog usually minds me better, but then again i have adult kids and teenagers. LOL. But if my dog ran away I would be upset but life would go on, If something happened to one of my kids or grandkids I would have trouble going on and wouldnt know how to move forward.....my kids mean alot more to me then my pets....
    Another vote for pets! It's a landslide!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I prefer pets to kids, in general, yes
    Oops. Looks like one vote for kids now.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    there is a reason whyI have 3 cats and only 2 kids....think about it!!!
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    pets are sooooo much cheaper, they don't live as long, they don't borrow the car, they don't take money outta your wallet, they only eat one type of food and don't complain, they don't want the "name brand" things, it's legal to lock them up. i could go on......
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I have decided that the only way to discover who loves me more is to subject the child and the dog to gladiator-style match in the living room.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have no kids, but I do have a favorite cat.