20lbs gone- 20 more to go!

Options
March 26th 2009 I weighed 200lbs. I'm 5'1 and was 41 weeks pregnant. I never in a million years thought I would see a 2 as the first number of my weight. The next two years I lost some weight, gained it back, lost some weight and gained it back. June 2011 I was on Pinterest and someone pinned a success story (from this website) of a woman who had the body of a mother and busted her *kitten* doing the 30DS. I honestly didnt believe the pictures. It's still pinned on my wall as "I honestly don't believe this".

She. Looked. Amazing.

After I realized that it was 100% true I made myself an account on here and started logging my food and doing the Shred myself. Hit some rough patches in my personal life and logging and the the 30DS were put on the back burner but the healthy habits stayed with me. Earlier this month I hit 20 pounds lost. A good friend of mine just started using the site and wanted to see a progress picture of myself for motivation so I took one that was similar to the ones I took back in June. The before pictures I hadn't planned on showing anyone at all, let alone post them on the internet but I suppose I'm proud of how I've been doing. I currently weight 152.8. I haven't seen this number in close for 4 years. I couldn't have done it without the amazing people on this website. I have met some great friends and some of the most motivational people ever in the short four months I've been here. Thank you guys- So much!

Sooo- Here's to another 20lbs!

Ps. try not to barf :P

beforenk.jpg

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hm seems as though my picture isnt loading. Lame.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    great job
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    High Five!
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh, I really wish I could see the pictures!!! I am 4'10 1/2" (yes, half. Don't judge! lol!) and had a goal of roughly 40 pounds as well. I started slacking when I hit the half way point though, so I am still only halfway there... I need moivation... AKA PICTURES!!! LOL!
    Great job!
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The best reason to gain weight an d the best reason to take it off! Congratulations all around
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How did you get the little virtual image on your photos? (sorry, I stalked)
  • Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! What a difference.
    I'm where you are right now (not height wise but with close to the same amount to lose), it's so encouraging to hear stories like this!
  • AnotherMichelle
    Options
    Ah switched imagine hosting site. Ta-da! Picture is working now!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! And how great of you to post these because your friend asked you too!
  • AnotherMichelle
    Options
    How did you get the little virtual image on your photos? (sorry, I stalked)

Haha stalk away! Theres this website http://www.mvm.com/cs/ Theres a weightloss option when the website is actually up and running.
  • AnotherMichelle
    Options
    Also, I texted her the pictures. I just figured we're all here for a similar reason or two so I'd share with all of you as well :)

Thank you everyone!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • AnotherMichelle
    Options
    :) thank you!
  • littlesunshower
    Options
    Oh, MICHELLE! You rock! These are amazing side by side! Oh man...I think I may leave these up on my screen while I do day 2 of the 30DS...hahaha. :heart:
  • AnotherMichelle
    Options
    Hahahah!! Thank you, love! Whatever works! :P
  • carmenf21
    carmenf21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    awesome! great job!! im around your starting weight and im having such a hard time trying to start and lose weight.. I bought the 30ds video and accessories (weights, yoga mat) yet i ihavent started to do anything...
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work. It isn't easy, but this website helps, alot. :smile:
  • heyyouknow
    Options
    Great job! I just joined today and I NEED success stories. I NEVER take pics of myself, so hopefully, when I lose 20lb...I'll follow your lead! Keep it up!
  • AnotherMichelle
    Options
    awesome! great job!! im around your starting weight and im having such a hard time trying to start and lose weight.. I bought the 30ds video and accessories (weights, yoga mat) yet i ihavent started to do anything...

Ohh! You should start it! Just dont think about it. I just started up again yesterday if you want a buddy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!