Gym Rat Making Changes

Options
Hey everyone. Just introducing myself because that's what this site told me to do and I do everything I read on the internet since it must be true. Seeing if there are other people like me who have consistently gone to the gym but have ruined their progress by eating everything in sight when they got home. I would consider myself a bodybuilder but I have never followed a good diet so I have just been spinning my wheels for years. I'll be around if anyone needs any tips on lifting weights or any gym related questions and hopefully I can meet some cool people in the process. In the meantime I am going to be busy trying not to eat everything I see when I get home.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    thats strange..i'm usually less hungry on my lifting days
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Looks like we have exactly opposite problems. I have the diet under control, but I struggle with the exercise part. Maybe we could encourage each other? Send me a friend request if you'd like.
  • abrantner
    Options
    Hey Patrick. I think we are soul mates.. lol.. I too am hoping this site will get my eating under control. Since you offered to help with the gym questions.. would you mind taking a look at my post under fitness and extersise? Personal training and exercise log is what I think I titled it... Sad, cause I just posted it a min or two ago.. lololol..

See ya around,
    Allison
  • Redheadbkb
    Redheadbkb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have the exact same problem. I have no problem with working out 3-4 hours a day but when it comes time to sit down for dinner, I eat everything in sight. Maybe we can yell at each other.
  • BigPatrickB
    BigPatrickB Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    On days when I train my back or my legs I have an insatiable appetite. I train with pretty heavy weights for the most part, and the night after I lift and the whole next day I just want to eat everything I see. Luckily I tend to go for more protein-based foods, but when I see the calories I ingest in real numbers on this site it is truly a wake up call to me. I have to train myself to tell the difference between "real" hunger and "there's food in front of me" hunger.