Do you ever wish you could get plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with a little vertical wrinkle between my eyes that seems to be getting deeper...happens when I'm driving and squinting from the sun. I'm convinced a little Juva-derm would fix that right up!!

That's the one thing that bugs me. Plus, I have a scar right in that area that makes it look worse.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    yep. ive already talked to hbby about it, and if i lose too much boob once ive hit my goal weight, im gonna get implants. my boobs are pretty much my fav part of my body and i dont want to lose them lol i wont go back to the size they are now, if it wont look right on my new body but yea. hubby says its totally up to me (hes more of a butt guy >.>). also if i have any extra skin when im done, ill have that removed. other than that im good.
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I LOVE MY BODY AND HAVE GOTTEN USED TO MY CURVES. I THINK IF I ONLY LOST 100 POUNDS I WOULD HAVE BEEN COMFORTABLE WITH THE SKIN. HOWEVER, HAVING NOW LOST 238 POUNDS MY EXTRA SKIN PRESENTS PROBLEMS. I HAVE "LADY ISSUES" BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA SKIN ON MY THIGHS AND MY TUMMY. MY ARMS AND BREAST HAVE BECOME QUITE THE PROBLEM. I GET THEM CAUGHT IN CLOTHES, PINCHED WHEN I CARRY GROCERIES, HAVE TO BUY TOPS WITH SLEEVES USUALLY 1-2 SIZES BIGGER. MY BREAST WENT FROM FULL BREASTS TO SAGGY LITTLE WATER BALLOONS LOL. I'M 28 SINGLE AND HAVE NO KIDS. I BUSTED MY A** TO GET HERE AND I WANT A BODY THAT REFLECTS MY LIFESTYLE. THIS ISN'T ABOUT VANITY FOR ME. THIS IS ABOUT 30 POUNDS OF EXTRA SKIN HANGING ON MY BODY AND WEIGHING ME DOWN. I HAVE A SURGERY DATE OF MARCH 5TH FOR MY UPPER BODY LIFT. 5 PROCEDURES AT ONCE. BRA LIFT, BACK LIFT, REVERSE TUMMY TUCK, BRACHIOPLASTY (ARMS) BREAST AUGMENTATION AND HERNIA REPAIR. WE ARE USING MY BODYFAT AND TISSUE FROM MY ARMS TO BUILD UP MY BREASTS :)

I understand completely the issues that speak of! It is so incredible that you will be able to do so many procedures at once. I looked into combining procedures for the sheer recovery time and even though it saves so much in money I just couldn't come up with that much at once. And the tissue to build up breast is an awesome procedure. I've read up on it but not found a lot of surgeons that do it. You must be ecstatic and literally counting down days. Congratulations on getting to this step in your journey!
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered what is the health benefits to getting a tummy tuck to lose the excess skin?

Depends on how much access skin and if it causes health problems. Like rashes or sores.

I think about getting plastic surgery constantly and when I can come up with money too I will. I'm getting a "mommy makeover" Tummy tuck and breast implants.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'd seriously consider is a boob lift, cause they're not as pretty as they were before I lost weight. But I probably wouldn't go through with it. I've had non-elective chest surgery (I had a bone tumor on my rib), and I've felt more pain in that area than anyone should in a lifetime. They still look nice in a bra.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Losing weight has taken its toll on my body. I wish I could just have my old (skinny) body back so I could simply forget about what I've gone through. Unfortunately, it isn't just that simple.
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    If I'm unhappy with my body, I am getting a mommy makeover, (breast lift and tummy tuck) in about 8-10 years when I turn 35-37. I think that's the best age, since I should be done with child bearing =)
  • katierj1983
    Options
    I want a nose job.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've thought about getting rid of my extra skin, it's ugly, and it gets twisted up around the pole when I pole dance, which hurts like crazy. It would also be nice to have boobs that aren't saggy and weird. But for me, right now, it's not worth the money, the recovery time, or the possibility of ending up with nasty scars.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY BODY AND HAVE GOTTEN USED TO MY CURVES. I THINK IF I ONLY LOST 100 POUNDS I WOULD HAVE BEEN COMFORTABLE WITH THE SKIN. HOWEVER, HAVING NOW LOST 238 POUNDS MY EXTRA SKIN PRESENTS PROBLEMS. I HAVE "LADY ISSUES" BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA SKIN ON MY THIGHS AND MY TUMMY. MY ARMS AND BREAST HAVE BECOME QUITE THE PROBLEM. I GET THEM CAUGHT IN CLOTHES, PINCHED WHEN I CARRY GROCERIES, HAVE TO BUY TOPS WITH SLEEVES USUALLY 1-2 SIZES BIGGER. MY BREAST WENT FROM FULL BREASTS TO SAGGY LITTLE WATER BALLOONS LOL. I'M 28 SINGLE AND HAVE NO KIDS. I BUSTED MY A** TO GET HERE AND I WANT A BODY THAT REFLECTS MY LIFESTYLE. THIS ISN'T ABOUT VANITY FOR ME. THIS IS ABOUT 30 POUNDS OF EXTRA SKIN HANGING ON MY BODY AND WEIGHING ME DOWN. I HAVE A SURGERY DATE OF MARCH 5TH FOR MY UPPER BODY LIFT. 5 PROCEDURES AT ONCE. BRA LIFT, BACK LIFT, REVERSE TUMMY TUCK, BRACHIOPLASTY (ARMS) BREAST AUGMENTATION AND HERNIA REPAIR. WE ARE USING MY BODYFAT AND TISSUE FROM MY ARMS TO BUILD UP MY BREASTS :)

I totally understand doing this. Congrats!

Note that this would actually have been easier to read if you hadn't used caps lock.
  • bringingsexybackx
    Options
    theres nothing wrong with surgery! if it makes you more confident and happy just do it...we only live once...may aswell make yourself beautiful!!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a friend from Argentina who believes that if you have plastic surgery long enough.. eventually it will sink in and become a part of your genetic make up... so you will have beautiful children.

-_____________-
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have lost so much weight that I am going to have to get some plastic surgery...a tummy tuck and boob job.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have my boobs lifted. Not enlarged, lifted.
    After this many kids I deserve it, lol :smile:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I had a nose job when I was really young. Changed my life. I don't regret it at all. I don't think about doing anything else to my body lately, but I'm not opposed to plastic surgery.

I won't preach but I think it should involve more than a wish and then an internet search before people decide to go through with it. That's the Cliffsnotes version of my thoughts on it.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have an umbilical hernia from my weight gain. I suspect when I lose the weight, it might be the only thing I can't fix from diet and exercise. If so, I'll have it repaired.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Definitely would get the fat sucked out from underneath my chin...even when I was younger, and 140 pounds, I still had a little extra fat under there!
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Everyday....:frown:
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hell no he replied
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I have a "spare tire" and "saddle bags" and it doesn't matter how much running I do, or how much weight I lose, they're still there- same shape only smaller. So a little lipo may go a long way. I think about it, but so far, that is all I've done. Maybe one day, I will take the next step and maybe not.

There are days when I think that being healthy and being able to do all that I do is enough, and why would I put myself through that surgery, and then I have my moments where I dislike my bod and just want it changed.

I'll probably be having this argument with myself til I die. :laugh: