snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I found a real good one...at night when you make dinner and you are having carrots cook a ton of them and put nothing on the ones that are not eaten at dinner. Pour some balsamic vinegar on them and throw them in the fridge. The next day they taste so good! Great snack and I hate raw carrots. Enjoy!
  • brkm13
    brkm13 Posts: 6
    Options
    I go with the votes for green, red, orange and yellow bell peppers cut into strips. I could literaly eat bagfuls of those.
    Also, any kind of raw veggies with hummus dip. Hummus is incredibly good and easy to make if the store kind is too expensive, but fulfills the need to "dip" your snacks.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Cut up some fresh veggies - celery, baby carrots, green & red peppers, etc. If you like to dip, buy some hummus, but make sure you measure your servings! If you're not a hummus person, try mixing fat free greek yogurt (I prefer fage) with either dry hidden valley ranch mix, or lipton onion soup mix (depending on what you like) for a yummy low fat high protein dip.

Can you invest in an air popper for popcorn? It's so much cheaper (and healthier) to air pop your own. You can even make it the day before and portion into individual bags or containers. I flavor mine with spray butter and a little bit of grated parmesan.
  • brkm13
    brkm13 Posts: 6
    Options
    What about doing something about your boredom?

I find I feel snackish watching tv/ being on the internet in the evenings sometimes and it's cos I'm bored. Ideally I stop watching TV and do something more interesting like read a good book or even housework! :)

What could you fit around being a stay at home Mom? Is there a hobby that you could do? Play an instrument, knit/ crochet, scrapbook, write a blog, jigsaw puzzles etc.

Also, why not reduce the stay at home bit? Could you take you little one out for walks, to the park, library, public pool, coffee (but not cake) with other Moms etc? Is there any volunteering you could do in the community and take your child with you? (i.e. visiting the elderly, stuffing envelopes for a charity?)

Just a few thoughts... good luck on your journey!

I LOVE this from Eleanorjanethinner above. These things really do work....engage the mind and the hands and you won't be thinking snack, snack, snack.
  • Quiona4
    Options
    I completely understand your dilemma! I have a set of twins that are now 14 months. I stayed at home with them from birth to 8 months and I gained 40 lbs at home! What I suggest is that you purchase healthy snacks and a lot of fruit. If you do not have non healthy snacks in the house then you will not be able to eat them. Eat fruit snacks, the snack size, they are low in calories. Also any of the fun size snickers, Twix, etc are around 80 calories. Limit yourself and eat them. Hopefully this helps!
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What about doing something about your boredom?

I find I feel snackish watching tv/ being on the internet in the evenings sometimes and it's cos I'm bored. Ideally I stop watching TV and do something more interesting like read a good book or even housework! :)

What could you fit around being a stay at home Mom? Is there a hobby that you could do? Play an instrument, knit/ crochet, scrapbook, write a blog, jigsaw puzzles etc.

Also, why not reduce the stay at home bit? Could you take you little one out for walks, to the park, library, public pool, coffee (but not cake) with other Moms etc? Is there any volunteering you could do in the community and take your child with you? (i.e. visiting the elderly, stuffing envelopes for a charity?)

____________________________________________________________________________

I'm trying to keep busy...we just moved to a new area and so I don't know anyone...and my baby right now is just taking constant attention. I've been walking with him and taking him places, but I'm up around 6 am every day and my husband doesn't get home till 8pm...I do okay till about 3 or 4pm then I get bored. I'm gonna go to the library tomorrow to get some books...but we'll see. My son likes to be held constantly now, especially since he is teething! I'm trying....but I agree, if I'm busy I'm not snacking!

Just a few thoughts... good luck on your journey!