Anyone on 1200 cals / day ??

Options

Replies

• LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem...I have gained a half pound this week!!! It's supposed to go the OTHER way:sad: I have been at 1410 and eating my exercise cals. which vary from 300-1000 depending on the day. I am going to stop eating my exercise cals to see what happens.:smile:
  • Shaine
    Shaine Posts: 32
    Options
    1250 here. But I am just starting at this, so I've no results to really share.
    Well I should not say that. I've been a member of a gym for over a year now, but just started getting back into the swing of things.
    I have managed to lose some weight, but how much I"m not 100% on, as I only took notice that pants that I couldn't wear before I can now.

But I am actively paying attention now.
    I hope to be able to share an update soon!
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day too. I don't have a scale right now, so I don't really know if I've lost weight or not. I think I have, my pants feel a little looser.....I have been sticking to being close to 1200 calories a day so far and I exercise every day. I think 1200 calories is quite reasonable....usually, I get below that amount!
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    :ohwell: I dont know what to do now. 3 weeks since xmas and no results. it worked so well before xmas. I dont know if I should give it another go on 1340 or should I change to 1200...

Kerrilucko do you remember how many calories you ate per day (without exercise) when you had stil my weight to lose? Please let me know.

By the way, just saw how mcuh weight you lost, congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • Plum_Crazy_Patty
    Options
    I am on about 1,400 calories a day. I usually start my day out with a banana and on work days I stop at Del Taco and get a bean and cheese cup (with extra cheese). It holds me (the protein) until lunch where I have a sandwich and some fruits and veggies. I am consistantly losing 2-3 pounds a week and so far have lost 28 pounds! NO exercise yet, but have that gym membership in my purse! Tried just the gym last year and it DID work some, so I need to get back into that real soon!

Good Luck everyone. Eat more beans and bananas, I tell ya it works!!

AND, I drink TONS of water all day.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I dont know what to do now. 3 weeks since xmas and no results. it worked so well before xmas. I dont know if I should give it another go on 1340 or should I change to 1200...

Kerrilucko do you remember how many calories you ate per day (without exercise) when you had stil my weight to lose? Please let me know.

By the way, just saw how mcuh weight you lost, congratulations. :flowerforyou:

Hey, yep, I had about 37 lbs left to lose around last June I think. I upped my cals from 1200 to 1300 around July because early summer was when I noticed the weight coming off more slowly, and I also wanted my settings to be for 1.5lbs instead of 2 lbs as I had before. I upped my cals again to lose 1 lb a week once I hit my healthy zone which was only 2 lbs ago. Keep in mind though that everyone's body is different. I had 37 lbs to lose but that was to get to 150lbs (at 5'6") You could be wanting to lose 37 lbs to get to 120 lbs at the same height, or you could be trying to get to 180 lbs down from 217lbs. You see my point?

Are you at a healthy BMI now? Are you close? If so DO NOT change your settings to 1200 cals a day. If you are still obese or quite overweight it probably won't harm you but please make sure you're eating all your excercise cals or your deficit will be much too low.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    How about raising to 1300 a day for a few days, see if you lose anything?
    I started with 98lbs to lose, and always ate 1500 cals until I lost 30 lbs, I went down to 1290 cals and lost nothing - despite my exerising, since increasing, I've lost so it works for me.
    It's really abotu what works for you, but anything under 1200 is not healthy, so whatever you do, don't go under 1200 for anything, it's really not worth suffering for later - in my opinion :flowerforyou:
  • Hanna1983
    Options

Hey, yep, I had about 37 lbs left to lose around last June I think. I upped my cals from 1200 to 1300 around July because early summer was when I noticed the weight coming off more slowly, and I also wanted my settings to be for 1.5lbs instead of 2 lbs as I had before. I upped my cals again to lose 1 lb a week once I hit my healthy zone which was only 2 lbs ago. Keep in mind though that everyone's body is different. I had 37 lbs to lose but that was to get to 150lbs (at 5'6") You could be wanting to lose 37 lbs to get to 120 lbs at the same height, or you could be trying to get to 180 lbs down from 217lbs. You see my point?

Are you at a healthy BMI now? Are you close? If so DO NOT change your settings to 1200 cals a day. If you are still obese or quite overweight it probably won't harm you but please make sure you're eating all your excercise cals or your deficit will be much too low.

Hey Kerrilucko

My BMI is 29.6 so I am definitely overweight and scaringly close to obese :sad:

I am 5f'3" and my current weight is 167lbs. I want to weight 130lbs. You said you upped your calories so you would go from 2lbs/week loss to 1.5lbs per week loss. I am not aiming for 2lbs / week loss but if I wanted to lose 1.5lbs / week I could only consume 1200 cals according to the MFP calculator.

I have decided to stick to 1340 cals/day now (=1 lbs / week loss). If by the end of february nothing has changed I am going to see a dietician.

It's so frustrating :cry:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    if 1340 are your calories to lose 1 lb a week, then 1190 would be your calories to lose 1.5 lbs a week. 500 calorie deficit each day to lose 1 lb a week. it's just math. I would honestly suggest sticking to what you're at. try changing other things. Watch the foods you're eating, try low sodium, stick to whole grains, avoid empty calorie foods like sweets. Try upping your fats and proteins a bit and slightly reducing your carbs. There are lots of things you could try. Make sure you're exercising. Build some muscle! Take measurements too, sometimes the scale lies and a measureing take is the real answer to how well you're doing. :flowerforyou: Don't give up, it'll happen!
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Thank you. I will try not to give up :flowerforyou:
  • abillings9
    Options
    I started out here on december 28. I am on a 1200 calorie diet too and work out about 5 times a week . Goal burning 500 calories a day. I have stuck with that since the new year. I eat almost all my exercise calories. I put down everything I eat. I mean everything. I have not seen any results since then. I am so so discouraged and just this morning feels like giving up. I am pretty unhappy right now because If i wasn't doing the work then I would understand it if I wasn't losing. By the way I was on weight watchers the whole of last year and did not lose anything for the whole year. This February will be my anniversary sadly for my plateau. I am patient and has been patiently waiting for results. I started doing Jillian's 30 day shred and I add in about 450 calories of cardio in the meix. I realised Jillian's workout burns about 135-140 calories, the first level. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO IDENTIFIES WITH WHAT I AM GOING THRU AND WHAT THEY DID TO MAKE IT WORK.

YES!!! I just posted this morning. I am stuck at 3 lbs lost... I have been doing this for over 3 weeks and I feel like nothing is happening now. I'm measuring myself too and that's not moving much either. I've been burning around 200 cals a day plus the 1200, and I eat almost all of it. I'm irritated as well and don't know what to do either.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    abillings9: 3 weeks isn't long enough to know whether its working or not, but I can tell you you're not eating enough and you should up your calories for the sake of your health. you say you're "almost" eating 1200 a day. what about exercise calories? Your body needs fuel to function, starving it of what it needs is never the answer.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im on 1200 and rarely eat that many in a day even though i know i should and i really should add my exercise calories but i just aint that hungry anymore i have lost 9 lbs since the first of the year on my way to a goal of 45 lost
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    im on 1200 and rarely eat that many in a day even though i know i should and i really should add my exercise calories but i just aint that hungry anymore i have lost 9 lbs since the first of the year on my way to a goal of 45 lost

You're not hungry anymore because your body has gotten used to being forced to function on too few calories a day. It's stopped asking for food because you've continually denied it. That's not a healthy or sustainable way to lose weight. Been there, tried that, as soona s you start eating normally again you will gain your weight back. Up you calories and lose sloely so you can keep it off for good.
  • MoniQ
    MoniQ Posts: 22
    Options
    where is the site to go to see how many calories i must consume a day according to my age and height to lose weight, stay the same?

Thanx
  • abillings9
    Options
    abillings9: 3 weeks isn't long enough to know whether its working or not, but I can tell you you're not eating enough and you should up your calories for the sake of your health. you say you're "almost" eating 1200 a day. what about exercise calories? Your body needs fuel to function, starving it of what it needs is never the answer.

No, I"m eating 1200 cals a day plus my exercise cals (so anywhere from 1350-1450 a day). That is just where MFP put me... Idk, maybe I should eat more?
  • kerrilucko
    Options

No, I"m eating 1200 cals a day plus my exercise cals (so anywhere from 1350-1450 a day). That is just where MFP put me... Idk, maybe I should eat more?

ah ok, I misunderstood your post then. You could absolutley up your calories (are you set to lose 1 lb? per week) If so you could try setting it at .5 per week, or you can leave it as is and keep trying. You don't have a ton to lose so it's going to come off slowly (I feel your pain, mine is coming off so agonizingly slow right now) but it will happen. Like I said, even though 3 weeks feels like an eternity, it's not. Just be patient.:flowerforyou:
  • MoniQ
    MoniQ Posts: 22
    Options
    where is the site to go to see how many calories i must consume a day according to my age and height to lose weight, stay the same?

Thanx

Sorry not to lose weight, i mean tone up.
  • abillings9
    Options

ah ok, I misunderstood your post then. You could absolutley up your calories (are you set to lose 1 lb? per week) If so you could try setting it at .5 per week, or you can leave it as is and keep trying. You don't have a ton to lose so it's going to come off slowly (I feel your pain, mine is coming off so agonizingly slow right now) but it will happen. Like I said, even though 3 weeks feels like an eternity, it's not. Just be patient.:flowerforyou:

Thanks. Actually, it has me set to lose .8 lbs a week.. LOL.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am completely confused!