Hungry all the time?

Options
I feel like this is a topic that comes up a lot...

Anyway, I've been on MFP for 60 days and have had success! But recently over the past two weeks or so I've been hungry all the time. I'll eat something, be it snack or meal, and be hungry 30 minutes later without fail. An no, it's not boredom hunger. It's legit hunger pain. I haven't changed what I've been eating or how much for the most part, so I can't figure out what's going on. Lately, I've just been ignoring it and eating like I normally would in hopes that the hunger will go away, but it's getting annoying. It sucks being hungry! Any suggestions on how to stay full longer again?

Maybe I need more fiber?

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    It's hard to offer suggestions without really seeing your diary.

I can tell you what keeps me feeling full: protein and FAT.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    hmm maybe look at your levels of protein and fat? I used to find that I was hungry all the time after lunch at work until I started adding some fat and more protein to my meal, now its not so bad!
  • dreamhill
    Options
    I agree with the others..A protein bar can make the difference.
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    also, try to eat food with more filling. like less doughnuts more apples! apples are my new favorite food!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a topic that comes up a lot...

Anyway, I've been on MFP for 60 days and have had success! But recently over the past two weeks or so I've been hungry all the time. I'll eat something, be it snack or meal, and be hungry 30 minutes later without fail. An no, it's not boredom hunger. It's legit hunger pain. I haven't changed what I've been eating or how much for the most part, so I can't figure out what's going on. Lately, I've just been ignoring it and eating like I normally would in hopes that the hunger will go away, but it's getting annoying. It sucks being hungry! Any suggestions on how to stay full longer again?

Maybe I need more fiber?

How active is your daily lifestyle? If you tend to sit down in front of a computer all day with limited movement. You will surely get hungry from inactivity. Also, are you exercising a lot? Most people who exercise regularly or on a daily basis, will consume meals more frequently or eat more satiable meals. Meals that are medium to high in fat and protein, will keep your appetite down and feeling full much longer. Just make sure those meals fit within your calorie allowance for the day. Fat/proteins/ complex carbs digest slowly so you won't be as hungry. Pasta with turkey or a flank steak with baked potato, etc.
  • havs23
    havs23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    especially lots of protein at breakfast! and nuts/trail mix all day
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I recently just got my husband on a whey protein shake mix and he said that it is helping a lot at lunch and dinner to keep him from being hungry. I also like to eat pastachios because they take some calories to open. I also find myself more hungry when I drink green tea.....but yes, lots of proteins and fats for the men!
  • cfrock
    cfrock Posts: 37
    Options
    Sorry yeah, my diary is friends only.

But it could be that I need more protein. I don't exercise in the sense that I actively seek to work out. I just bike/walk everywhere since I don't own a car now that I've moved. And I think that has me building up some leg muscles. It's just that I usually go over the recommended protein allotments set by MFP (not that they are set in stone for everyone). Guess I should just try to eat more of that and maybe a little more fat. I will try!