Here's a great weight loss soup recipe---

Baptist Health Healthy Weight Loss Soup

2 cans fat free or 99% fat free beef broth
    2 lbs carrots (I use baby carrots)
    1 stalk celery
    3 or more stalks green onions
    2 bell peppers
    2 cans green beans (I use Italian green beans)-use the juice in can
    2 cans stewed tomatoes (I use 1 can Italian diced tomatoes/1 can diced tomatoes)
    1 pkg Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup

Combine all ingredients-Cook til all vegetables are tender.

This soup was developed for patients that needed to lose weight rapidly for surgery. You can lose 10 lbs in a week. The more you eat of this soup, the more you lose.

It's delicious, too!

watch your sodium intake with all that canned stuff though!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you look on this site at certain things listed below they do have calories. Apples have like 30-50

Hey Everyone

Here is a list of food that is neg cal!! Food you should love because no matter how much you eat you will not put on weight!!

Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon
    mango
    orange
    pineapple
    raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    i am pretty sure i read a study somewhere that dispelled that list. I can't seem to find it now. But i think the thought process behind this myth stemmed from the confusion of measurement terminology.

That list including such VERY sugary fruits (mango has 31g of sugar and only 4g of fiber) would seem to discredit the validity of that list. the only things i could possibly see being truly negative calorie are

cold water (takes calories of energy just to warm it to body temperature)
    100% pure cellulose (maybe pumpkin seed shells. . . just the shells, unsalted )
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm going to agree with you on the vegetables being a negative food (if you calculate chewing as burning calories and the whole it requires energy to break it down, because it's true, but honestly it requires very little energy to break it down), but the fruits I'm going to disagree. Fruits are very healthy don't get me wrong but fruits have calories and are high in carbs. Don't get me wrong and think I'm one of those carbs are bad for you, because I'm the complete opposite. But eating 3 oranges before you go to sleep isn't gonna make you lose weight to not eating at all. That's all I'm saying.

So vegetables yes but I'm gonna say fruits no.

I'm no nutritionist, but that's what I was thinking, too. An 80 calorie apple for example, I don't think that ends up being a negative calorie food :noway: