So I had a crappy

Options
day yesterday. I did not feel like exercising or doing much else. So I didn't. Instead I over ate. Still gotta figure out by how much though.

Anyways, if you have a bad day eating or working out do you try to make up for it the next day by working out more?

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    day yesterday. I did not feel like exercising or doing much else. So I didn't. Instead I over ate. Still gotta figure out by how much though.

Anyways, if you have a bad day eating or working out do you try to make up for it the next day by working out more?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If you need to workout more today for your own MENTAL sanity, do it.

Otherwise, relax. You gave your body a day off. It probably enjoyed the vacation. One day will neither make nor break you! :flowerforyou:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: When I take a day off, that's what it is... a day off. I just try to do the right thing the next day. I figure yesterday was yesterday and today is a new day!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time when I totally overeat. I do beat myself up over it, I'll admit. But the next day I make up for it by drinking a lot of water and eating right and working out.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I have a hard time when I totally overeat. I do beat myself up over it, I'll admit. But the next day I make up for it by drinking a lot of water and eating right and working out.

See that is what I'm doing. I woke up this morning feeling guilty. It's partly my husband's fault. He made peanut butter cookies.. Dang him!! Also, we had burrito's last night and mine just wasn't cutting it so I didn't eat it. Instead I fried some hashbrowns and tater tots.. The bad thing is I'm not really a fan of either, maybe I was just craving the grease.. who knows.. Gotta plan my workout today to burn the most calories possible.. bleh
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    If you need to workout more today for your own MENTAL sanity, do it.

Otherwise, relax. You gave your body a day off. It probably enjoyed the vacation. One day will neither make nor break you! :flowerforyou:

:drinker: :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I had a bad couple of days - as you know :blushing:
    I made up for it yesterday by eating a lot more sensibly, and today I walked for 2 hour to make up for it :happy:
    I'm pleased to say, today is a MUCH better day thsn of late :bigsmile:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Don't be soooooooooooo :angry: with yourself ,you are only human :blushing: "Tomorrow is another day"
    Take the time to enjoy yourself :tongue: BECAUSE you will not be allowed another day off for ages :explode: :grumble: :noway:
    Hahaha only kidding :flowerforyou:

Great people talk about ideas,
    Average people talk about things,
    Small people talk about others.
    Legends never talk, they forward emails.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I made up for it yesterday by eating a lot more sensibly, and today I walked for 2 hour to make up for it :happy:

That's great Jackie! Told you it would work out for you!
    I came out of the weekend feeling bad but it started looking up.. til yesterday. I think my body was tired, and wanted to rest, and the cravings came out. I'm hoping it will shock my body and be okay at weigh in. This is the hardest part for me though. To keep going after I mess up, or if I start thinking how long I have to do this for just to get to goal. ....
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

That's great Jackie! Told you it would work out for you!
    I came out of the weekend feeling bad but it started looking up.. til yesterday. I think my body was tired, and wanted to rest, and the cravings came out. I'm hoping it will shock my body and be okay at weigh in. This is the hardest part for me though. To keep going after I mess up, or if I start thinking how long I have to do this for just to get to goal. ....

Have you thought about giving yourself mini goals? Gives you something to aim for, never mind the big goal, work on little ones - they all fall in to place then :wink:
    I'm using my weight loss as a way of decorating my lounge, if I lose a stone, I get the next part of the room done - based on priority. My first was a HD TV, second was a corner group sofa, 3rd will be to paint the room, 4th will be the coving.
    Therefore, in the process of losing weight, I'm, doing my house up, so it gives me added incentive :drinker: