Blood Type Diet

Options
So I was wandering the Library and came across (and read) D'Adamo's 'Eat Right for Your Type' book on his theory of the blood type diet.

I am curious as to the thinking/experiences of anyone in regards to this?

I will be the first to admit I am not qualified to claim knowing anything - just thought I would poll my fabulous MFP peers and see what you all had to say, and if anyone has tried it?

Curiously yours,
MR

Replies

• PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    So I was wandering the Library and came across (and read) D'Adamo's 'Eat Right for Your Type' book on his theory of the blood type diet.

I am curious as to the thinking/experiences of anyone in regards to this?

I will be the first to admit I am not qualified to claim knowing anything - just thought I would poll my fabulous MFP peers and see what you all had to say, and if anyone has tried it?

Curiously yours,
    MR

Nothing but pseudoscientific nonsense.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Having worked in blood banking and working on my master's degree, I can't see how blood type could possibly mean anything to metabolism.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posts, it sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. I think people need to stop looking for that magical formula that will make them lose weight faster and immediately. This will NEVER be the case. Eating right and exercise is the only way to lose weight. End of story.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the input!

My general rule of weight loss/fitness continues to be 'Eat less, move more.' Simple, straightforward, workable.

It seemed like an interesting premise but the lack of real data was quite troublesome. (And the required giving up of certain vegetables...avocados?!) ^_^

Thanking you all again!
    MR
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the input!

My general rule of weight loss/fitness continues to be 'Eat less, move more.' Simple, straightforward, workable.

It seemed like an interesting premise but the lack of real data was quite troublesome. (And the required giving up of certain vegetables...avocados?!) ^_^

Thanking you all again!
    MR

99% of these fancy diet books wrap a calories in VS calories out approach in a bunch of fancy mumbo jumbo to sell it.

Atkins for instance is nothing more than a low calorie diet when it comes right down to it. Same goes for the zone diet and Spike diet....ect. They just go about getting to the heart of the idea from a weird angle to sell books.